Thread: 67 912 project car

67 912 project car

I’m a hardcore 914 enthusiast but I’ve always wanted a swb car. I like the small and light form factor but current prices are well beyond my budget. I told my friend I was looking for a ‘66 912 since 66 is my birth year. A couple weeks later he sent me an ad for a ‘67. I’m not picky and the car was in my price range so I called up the seller, spend a couple minutes talking and told him I’d take it.

I was lucky to find a car carrier that didn’t hesitate to take the job when I told them the car was in boxes. I shipped a lot of cars while working at a Porsche shop and have learned there’s no limit to the ways a deal can go bad. I got lucky again because the car arrived as promised. Both the seller and car carrier couldn’t have been easier or nicer to work with.

I live on a steep hill so getting a non running car up to my house is always a challenge. My neighbor came over and helped out. Now it’s tucked away and I’m organizing the parts. It looks like everything is there but will need some refinishing. The chassis has new pans and rockers in place but will still need some rust repair and metal work. I’m not a welder so I’m trading work for parts with a 914 owner friend of mine.

The engine is what sold me on the car. I figured if I screwed up and never got the car done, I would at least have something pretty to put on the wall of my shop. The prior owner had rebuilt it but decided the rest of the car was more project than he wanted to take on.

So that’s all I have for now. Next step is to get it on a rotisserie and get the chassis worked. I feel that once the chassis is clean and solid, the rest will fall into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

That engine is a work of art, Mark. Got a vision for the competed car yet?
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I have gone from a super light 911/912R replica to a 3.2 conversion back to stock with some bolt in mods. Porsche designed a beautiful car and while the R look is cool, I’m not sure it’s better looking, at least to me. Plus, I’m not a big fan of fiberglass. So for now, some R styled seats with houndstooth inserts, a 914-6gt/rs steering wheel, S style bumpers and 6x15 Fuchs is where I’m going right now. I’ll keep all the original parts in case I change my mind. I found five flat Fuchs for 800 so that’s a no brainer.
    The car is light ivory and I’ve always wanted a Porsche with green gauges.

The 9 Store LLC.

Did someone cut speaker holes in the back shelf all the way into the engine bay? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Quote Originally Posted by targatuesday View Post
    Did someone cut speaker holes in the back shelf all the way into the engine bay? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Unfortunately, you are correct. Butchered

Car came with a new replacement panel for that spot.

The 9 Store LLC.

Previous owner of the project was on the www.912bbs.org and you should definitely post on there too to show your progress!

Have a link please?

The 9 Store LLC.

Thank you.

The 9 Store LLC.