Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Ambition Fulfilled - my 1972 911T coupe

Hi Arne

As I contemplate asking the wife if I could ‘maybe-go-work-on-my-Porsche-for-a-bit’ (never quite sure how that request will be met) I am taking some time to read your build from start to finish… Great work! -Great car. My question for you is (and excuse me if you noted this and I missed it) but what I wanted to know was how you rate the fitment of the Porsche dash you bought? -being as you noted it’s a big ticket item I’m keen to know what you think… I managed to remove mine yesterday; inflicting only some additional damage, it maybe a candidate for recovering.

Hmm. That was almost 2 years ago. I don't recall any fitment issues at all. I think it's fine, although concours-correct enthusiasts will be able to tell it's a replacement in short order. It was and is close enough for my needs.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    On the flip side of all this is that while I'm not willing to invest any time or effort into selling it right now, I suppose I could be convinced to sell if someone made a fair offer and it was a totally simple, no drama sale. But I'm not going to go out of my way to look for that right now.
    I believe that the post quoted here was the trigger. Since I wrote that last October, I have been contacted by no less than 4 ESR members who inquired about the possibility of me selling the car. And after some soul searching and additional prep, I did in fact sell the car today. Paid for and awaiting transport now.

It was a long—but extremely satisfying—ride.
    Last edited by Arne; 04-30-2022 at 07:38 PM.
    - Arne

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Paid Member # 1991
    Sincere congratulations Arne. Somewhat bittersweet, I'm sure. Looking forward to hearing what you replace it with and where your next P-car adventure takes you.

Regards,

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 02-19-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Wow, just over 3 years of ownership. I was barely getting going on my restoration in that time. And I'm still not done with some little details and it will be 10 years in June. The again I am closing in on my 30th anniversary, so I tend to keep things for a while

This is a bittersweet moment. Congrats to the buyer. What's next?

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Congratulations Arne.. Bask in the glow of a project well done..........

Very happy for you Arne. Now you’ll have to do a targa next
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thanks, folks. We'll see what opportunities present themselves for the next project. First I need to finish the restomod Rabbit Pickup I'm working on. Then I can start looking for something new. (And I will, can't stop doing these things.)

In the meanwhile, I picked a new-to-me driver earlier today.

Name:  IMG_3736 small.JPG
Views: 943
Size:  304.9 KB
    - Arne

good choice .... i have a Boxster S (I love convertibles) nothing but smiles and miles..............
    You won't really know what that car is until you take it to a auto cross or someplace where you can make its engineering magic do its thing..........
    enjoy...