Thread: Mike M on YouTube - 1967 911 Restoration

Mike M on YouTube - 1967 911 Restoration

Does anyone have contact for Mike M who is posting his restoration of the Slate Gray 1967 911, 307027 on his You Tube channel?

Pass along this photo it might help him find the right bolt attachment of the steering rack yoke.

It appears that on the steering install episode (posted about a month ago) he has a 1969 bolt with it's cotter pin shaft hole and an earlier yoke
    (it doesn't look compatible - or at least he is missing a castled nut and washer).

If you haven't found this guy on You Tube yet - go have a look at the jig he has made to set the the front suspension - way good.

Hope this helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob,
    I was able to post your comments to Mike on the youtube channel, and he responded ! Hope you don't mind. His comments are as follows:
    Hi David
    Thanks for the post!
    I did try to pull up the image but for some reason it won't allow me to view what Bob is referring to..Id love to see it but can't seem to open it.
    Its hard to say what's going on there..the bolt is original to the car and didn't look as if the area has ever been accessed for service work which is where things can go wrong...Shouldn't present a problem though in function and security off the steering the way is assembled.
    Im always so impressed the detail some of the viewers are key on
    They really lookin close!=)

Ah! Im able to view now!
    Yes Bob has three variations to view however he doesn't show a 67 set up..definitely not a 65-66
    looks similar to the 68 -69
    Production date on my car was November 66..also kind of a crossover year with various hardware. No telling what when on during assembly at that time but from my research Porsche was switching out hardware during 66..you'll see some cars with all silver zinc finishing transitioning into yellow cad plating..as the bins were emptying the new replacements came in.
    Thats why some of these cars have silver color zinc plating in some areas and switch up to yellow cad in those same areas depending on the production numbers..later 67-68 more Hardware was making its transition to yellow cad. The Porsche historians would know what went on and where much better than me.
    It could have been a hardware choice at that time during assembly..anomalies do occur
    Thanks again for sharing!

------------------------------------------------
    Dave

Dave, thank you for doing the connect for me.

If anyone wants to see the project Mike M is doing, search him out on you tube. His body prep and finish is at the Chris Nelson level... just super.

It was a revelation on how he addressed the headliner - (stretching painting canvas starts with stretch across middles - work to the corners) I was skeptical when Mike just jumps right in and attaches the four corners and then works across the sides. Perfs look super straight, no bagging. Great little video.

He now has 40 some videos so far in his series:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...k5gsEjtW1Y9Tdj
    Last edited by Bobs 67S; 01-03-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370