Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 911 SWB Original Bosch FRONT and BACK TAILLIGHTS NOS

100% .......
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

5000Euro converts to $5724.00. How would you split up the value between the fronts and backs ? Usually the fronts sell for less than rears. Maybe something like $3500 for the backs and $2274 for the fronts comes to a total of $5724 for the 4 lights. Sound right in this unobtainium case?
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

I paid the same price ea per cnr for the nos set I have ready to fit one day when when I get around to painting the car.
    S Registry#2021

Fair price. A light bulb should go on in creative minds like Mr. Kemmer for a new project. I noticed Dansk is selling new issue Euro signals but I cant find detailed photos. The chances of Dansk getting them right is mighty slim. Just offering an accurate repro lens would probably cut original light unit value in half. Seriously.
    Last edited by 66S; 12-30-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Just offering an accurate repro lens would probably cut original light unit value in half. Seriously.
    Yep.
    And in the meantime I couldn’t be more pleased that Cedric and I struck a deal. I suppose if I didn’t find the taste of fermented grapes so repugnant I would collect wine instead of Porsche parts.

As far as “accurate reproductions”, I wouldn’t hold my breath Rick.

Unless Eric takes on the project.

Im pretty sure Eric and Mr. Kemmer have an arrangement for his excellent products. "Get it while you can " Janis sang.

"Get while you can" rings very true in this case. Look what happened to Merick's accurate SWB Euro lenses. They sold out fast and there are no more being made. They were TOO accurate. Anyway as the saying goes --get while the getting's good. Chris
    2. '70 911S Tangerine

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Look what happened to Merick's accurate SWB Euro lenses. They sold out fast and there are no more being made. They were TOO accurate. Chris
    Too accurate?

Didn’t his Euro lenses have ‘64 DOT markings?

Frank, please get back to me so that I can ship these lights to you ��

Hi frank-- The marking says: SAE BDP RST 64 on the Merick lens I was referring to the Bosch printing. Chris
    2. '70 911S Tangerine