Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Porsche 911 SWB Original Bosch FRONT and BACK TAILLIGHTS NOS

Banned
    Franz,
    Which one would be correct for an early 901?

Are the early US cars equipped with clear Hella .?

Big difference between US and Euro signals. US ones have the color in the plastic, Euro has the color painted on the inside. US signals dont fade, Euro ones do. I think accurate US. lenses are available, not Euro lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Big difference between US and Euro signals. US ones have the color in the plastic, Euro has the color painted on the inside.
    How do you know?

Ive recolored Euro lenses by removing them, stripping the paint with acetone and respraying translucent color. Ive never seen a faded US lens. Cant say Ive ever checked a broken US lens to see if the color is throughout but I think I read it somewhere. Another thing is that some (later manufacture?) rear Euro signals have a black sealing compound around the lens perimeter that gives the light a subtle difference in appearance, most have clear sealant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 66S; 01-13-2019 at 10:15 AM.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

So, does anyone here have a cracked US lens? Would be interesting to see pictures.

I'm afraid I have seen several faded front (amber color) US lenses. It seems odd that Bosch would use a different coloring process for US vs Euro lenses given the same amber and red colors were used.. I.e., one with color in the plastic and the other with the color on the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morris View Post
    It seems odd that Bosch would use a different coloring process for US vs Euro lenses given the same amber and red colors were used.. I.e., one with color in the plastic and the other with the color on the plastic.
    They did with the LWB lenses. U.S. lenses color is embedded and euro color is sprayed on and can be removed as 66S stated.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    They did with the LWB lenses. U.S. lenses color is embedded
    Fronts & rears, or just rears?

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    Fronts & rears, or just rears?
    Fronts and rears.