Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interstate batteries no longer available?

My distributor says U911 in NLA. Shame...

My dealer in L.A. near Sun Valley, California says they still have 6 or 7 911 batteries and see's no indication of them being discontinued. There # 818-767-6877
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

I have used Interstate Batteries for years.I just talked to Interstate this morning,they do supercede to the MTP-67R.They are supposed to be a better battery,last longer and be cheaper.FWIW I have a set of Interstate Batteries that are at least 4 years old,always on a bettery tender.I do drive the car,Interstate said the batteries should last 5-7 years with that kind of maintenance.FWIW.

David

Are they the exact same size? Compared to the U 911 ?

Quote Originally Posted by lee88 View Post
    I went to my local Interstate store to get a new pair of the small 12V batteries that fit our long hoods. I've seen them with both "911" and "U911" part numbers. But Interstate store said they don't carry these anymore even when ordering through central warehouse.

Anybody else found these to be NLA? Interstate store recommended another battery but not sure the dimensions would actually fit the battery boxes.
    https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-67r

I know I can go the Miata AGM route or Porsche/Moll or whatever, may ultimately have to do that. But I've bought these Interstate ones many times before and overall have had a good experience with them so was trying to find them.
    Lee, I've been happy with the Porsche ones and you can vent them out the front bumper. They are spendy though. How's the ST? I miss it. That car is sooooo fast and set up just right!
    72S, 72T now ST

I measured my u911 battery last night,I did not pull the battery out.I used a small flat ruler and rounded up the size.Here goes.Height 7 in.
    Width 8 in. Depth 7 in. So it looks like the MTP-67R will fit.FWIW.

David

Quote Originally Posted by 71-911T View Post
    I measured my u911 battery last night,I did not pull the battery out.I used a small flat ruler and rounded up the size.Here goes.Height 7 in.
    Width 8 in. Depth 7 in. So it looks like the MTP-67R will fit.FWIW.

David
    No the MTP-67R is 9 1/8" wide it will not fit.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

member #1515
    The duralast I cited above should slip right in
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

The Interstate MTP-T4 should fit(8 1/8 wide) It also has more cca than the U-911.

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Lee, I've been happy with the Porsche ones and you can vent them out the front bumper. They are spendy though. How's the ST? I miss it. That car is sooooo fast and set up just right!
    Hey Scott - ST is running like a champ. Thing is almost scary fast given the hp/weight ratio Such a joy to drive though with the overall setup. Since I've had it the last 2+ years I've done everything from daily driving to track day to casual rally w/ friends. Brought it to Werks Reunion down in Amelia Island too. I must confess I've accumulated a couple more rock chips during this time, though I figured you'd approve plus I have the leftover paint from John Esposito to touch them up.

We still haven't had significant snow/ice yet where I live so roads are still salt free for now. Temps were in the high 40s yesterday so I took the car out for a blast and to top up the gas w/ stabilizer before a couple months of winter slumber.

Re: batteries for the ST, I ended up picking up a set of the Duracell branded group 70 ones I mentioned above in the thread. They seem to be sized appropriately for long hood battery boxes. But before I installed them I gave one more go at charging my existing Interstate pair. I had checked them before quickly to measure surface voltage and thought them dead. But extended charge with my trusty Die Hard charger on both batteries brought them up to a full charge. So I'm going to run these a little while longer. One nice thing about the Duracell ones is they have terminals on the side rather than top, so a little easier to hook up when nestled in the battery box.
    =======
    Out driving new & old Porsches and non P-cars