Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Car: 9112300871 Engine 632 1334 - 1972 Porsche 911 2.4S in Switzerland

Stolen Car: 9112300871 Engine 632 1334 - 1972 Porsche 911 2.4S in Switzerland

Dear All,

From 2007 to 2013/14 I was a frequent visitor here and was/am deeply grateful for all your help and cameraderie in restoring my 1972 2.4S "Matilda". I haven't been active on the S Registry in a long time, as my family situation has taken my focus away from early 911s.

Some of you will have read Karim's thread on the engine stolen from his car: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...n-Switzerland&

Unfortunately, my beloved car was also in this shop and is now missing in its entirety as I discovered four weeks ago when I went over to pick it up.

Here is my info:

Porsche 911 2.4S
    Chassis no. 9112300871
    Matching engine no. 632 1334
    Swiss-delivered, fully restored

Car lost/stolen/sold to unknown.

Any whereabouts of the car / information would be helpful, any people who today or in future are in possession of this car might contact its rightful owner, me.

Regards, Guru
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Guru Sivaraman

1972 S
    1977 3.0 Carrera

Early S Reg. #1199

Very Sorry to hear this Guru as it's a beautiful car that you've undoubtably invested a lot of time and effort in. I hope you all find these cars and parts before they're compromised.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

I still feel the possibility that these cars can still be stolen! It's like you steal the monalisa ... Where do you hide it? For how long? I join your feelings of loss! I will be attentive to the Spanish market in case something of the year 72 comes up.Saluds and try to make it a happy year!
    ¡Todavía siento la posibilidad de que estos autos aún puedan ser robados! Es como si te robaras la monalisa ... ¿Dónde la escondes? ¿Por cuanto tiempo? Me uno a tus sentimientos de perdida! Estaré atento al mercado español en caso de que surja algo del año 72.Saluds y trata de que sea un año feliz!

Banned
    Sorry to hear this. I’m betting that you’ll get it back.

Assuming the person who “bought” it is probably also very sick/pissed and trying to figure out what to do. Sooner or later he’ll need to give it up or face being charged with a crime.

Best of luck. Looks like a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    I still feel the possibility that these cars can still be stolen! It's like you steal the monalisa ... Where do you hide it? For how long? I join your feelings of loss! I will be attentive to the Spanish market in case something of the year 72 comes up.Saluds and try to make it a happy year!
    ¡Todavía siento la posibilidad de que estos autos aún puedan ser robados! Es como si te robaras la monalisa ... ¿Dónde la escondes? ¿Por cuanto tiempo? Me uno a tus sentimientos de perdida! Estaré atento al mercado español en caso de que surja algo del año 72.Saluds y trata de que sea un año feliz!
    The problem is many countries will not get involved, even if you prove it was stolen. Such was the case here with a Speedster that was stolen and popped up in Japan.
    http://forum.porsche356registry.org/...eedster+stolen

I hope this owner of the 911 gets his car back.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Guru,

Devastating news.....

With all the info here and the net, hoping for it's quick return...Good luck

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Guru,

Sorry to hear this news and by inference that the whole shocking thing is not resolved given the scale and how much scrutiny there is on old 911 cars and bits bought and sold for our hobby in this age of the www. Like Frank I am optimistic that the property will emerge at some point given the small world -- more likely in this situation than maybe if one car or engine was spirited away hopefully. Is the person who had possession still not talking?

Sound like you've got your hands full with family situation so don't need this further aggravation.

I've already alerted people in the "trade" in my network about Karim's plight.

Best
    Steve

Now posted on the International/European forum of the RGruppe message board as well....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Holy crap!!! Unbelievable. Sick. Sad.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 12-31-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Hi Guru, in the past months a car matching your model and colour scheme has been offered for sale at Autoglaser Kütschlihof, CHF 180k. Possibly the same car?
    Liebe Grüsse
    Urelfer