Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certificate of Authenticity

Certificate of Authenticity

Hello, can anyone tell me if I can get a certificate of authenticity for a 1967 911 targa? If so where and how? Thx

From memory Porsche America (or whatever) can provide a CoA but you have to give them the details of your car ie engine number , G/box number etc and they will confirm if these match your chassis # (which you have to supply to them as well. They also can't read German so they get any important special features WRONG
    Get a Kardex.
    There is a member here on ESR who can help I believe. goes by the name. davep

Here ya go

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ighlight=davep
    Last edited by NZVW; 11-16-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    From memory Porsche America (or whatever) can provide a CoA but you have to give them the details of your car ie engine number , G/box number etc and they will confirm if these match your chassis # (which you have to supply to them as well. They also can't read German so they get any important special features WRONG
    Get a Kardex.
    There is a member here on ESR who can help I believe. goes by the name. davep

Here ya go

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ighlight=davep
    PCNA amended what they provide a couple of years ago. Now they give you a Production Certificate which states the vitals on your car like engine size and color, but not engine or gearbox number, nor will they confirm it if you give it to them. Your only option from Porsche is to bring the car to one of their Classic Center Dealers who for $500 will go over the whole car and provide a report, which will confirm if it's matching numbers. I haven't talked to anyone who has actually done it so don't know the actual results.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

So it's even worse.
    How surprising.

Adam , what is your view on a Kardex then for a MY67 ?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    So it's even worse.
    How surprising.

Adam , what is your view on a Kardex then for a MY67 ?
    You can usually get a Kardex for up to late 69, after that it's a lot less fun. Here is the kardex on my 66.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Adam, Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    You can usually get a Kardex for up to late 69
    My car was built in Dec '69 but couldn't get a Kardex.

What month was it when Kardex ended?

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    My car was built in Dec '69 but couldn't get a Kardex.

What month was it when Kardex ended?
    30th November 1969

only joking
    Mark

I was always under (the probably incorrect) impression that 1969 was the last model year for a Kardex. I have one for our late 69S. I did hear rumors of some early 70 MY cars getting them but I could be wrong. DaveP would know best I'm sure as he obtained two of them for our cars.

Scott
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Dave was able to provide a Kardex for my 70S. My COA listed Jan 1. However mine might be an oddball because it looks like it might have been a service member that took delivery in Germany just before shipping back to the States. Trying to research the OG owner.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586