Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The good old days

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Notice how only the bottom half of the muffler is painted,,,,,since that's all the customer would see !
    Great info Ed. thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    And what is in that bottle on the left ?
    Water. Those were the water bottles. Beer looked different

Back then the workforce of the Porsche factory assembly line were often workers originally from Turkey.
    They consisted a main immigration bulk for blue collar workers in 1960ies Germany. (in Switzerland it was Southern-Italians and in France people from Algeria and Maroc). Possible they carried themself a certain „southern“ attitude while working, at least back then as today, Porsche workforce consisted not just a „German/Caucasian“ but also people with above noted ethnic backrounds.

Agree, things were more relaxed and rules differently applied.
    Registry member No.773

off-topic: that fan strap doesn't look like it's black- seems I got that wrong all these years...
    Member #2683

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UrelferDK View Post
    off-topic: that fan strap doesn't look like it's black- seems I got that wrong all these years...
    Glare from lighting; I would bet the farm that it’s black.

There was discussion on this forum at one point there are three fan colours, black ( two bolt), silver ( smaller two bolt) like galvanised yellow ( single bolt). Not sure the sequence and timing each used but do remember joking with Clyde that the silver one as used only for short duration was probably the same material as Oor Wullies famous galvanised pail or bucket if he needed to make one.

I forgot to mention a very important fact. That picture the caption says is October 1966, so this was very early production. I am sure minor changes took place as things moved along.

66? Think the silver fan I'm referring to was later than 66 however -- iirc late calendar 72 so probably not relevant to this discussion now I've read whole thing rather than just the last couple of posts

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Water. Those were the water bottles. Beer looked different
    And you can reuse the cases for other stuff

Name:  IMG_2630_k.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  99.7 KB

Banned
    Love those crates!

I'm going to back up on the strap now knowing it's an Oct '66 pic.

Good thing I was only betting my ant farm.