Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q: Monte Carlo Rallye concentration routes

With me taking up the rear. Lol

Competitive but still for "normal" people
    https://www.avd-histo-monte.com/

Real competitive
    http://acm.mc/en/edition/rallye-mont...-edition-2019/
    A friend who competes regularly in the monte carlo historique once had an oops moment when he and his Codriver both woke up when they entered a tunnel.
    This trip is exhausting...
    And a bit less competitive
    http://acm.mc/en/edition/rallye-mont...-edition-2019/

A very quick map composite of 1973, with only 4 of the 9 routes.
    Very inaccurate, just a quick view.
    Name:  A423DB4A-CE07-4896-87D9-169747BA2CD1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  181.2 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Internet search that leads you on Wikipedia

For those interested I organized few years ago a rallye on the track of the second day of the Lyon Charbonnières 1967 edition (Vick Elford victory, and four 911 at the four first places). About 1000 km starting from Charbonnières returning to Charbonnieres. We have done it in 3 days, whereas Elford made it in 24 hours or so. Still have the road book.
    As far as the first day is concerned I have a good idea of the route they followed starting from the Solitude race track, going through Germany, Switzerland before heading to Lyon. I mapped it but did not consider making a road book because it is about 1200 km and probably a 3 days rallye again. At the time, participants had a day to race it, that is two for the entire Rallye.
    Would make to day a nice 6 days touring through the Schwartz Wald, Swiss and French Jura, Monts du Lyonnais, Ardèche, Drome provençale, Vercors.
    PM me if you are interested to get these infos.

Good ideas evryone, and thanks Patrick.
    I am all for a multi day trip on the tracks of these vintage rallies. Emphasis on experience, not speed.
    However, in my case, it will be quite a few years before my '69 is anywhere near ready. Might do it as practice with the '84 or the 964 C4.
    Rick, Frank, just call, cars are here for you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    Rick, Frank, just call, cars are here for you.
    Done!
    I'll put it on my 2021 calendar.

Planning my trip in autumn this year I stumbled upon these Maps with all the special stages from 1979 to today.
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Monte-Carlo-1979