Thread: FS: @eBay - 1979 911SC Coupe - Very Rare Original Color, Sport Seats

FS: @eBay - 1979 911SC Coupe - Very Rare Original Color, Sport Seats

This 1979 Porsche 911SC Coupe is currently painted India Red, but the original color was extremely rare Lilac (Moonstone) paint code L601. A one year only color! Perfect for the rare color collectors. The decklid has been recently repainted in the original Lilac (Moonstone). Very solid original body with original suspension pan, floors and rockers. No evidence of serious rust. Black interior with optional factory leather Recaro sports seats. Excellent running and reliable matching numbers original 3.0 liter engine with original CIS injection. Engine updated with Carrera chain tensioners, pop off valve and turbo valve covers. Sunroof recently serviced and functions perfectly. Optional 16" Fuchs alloys. Dry New Mexico car with clean title. Additional photos and videos available at https://carplanet.com/1979-porsche-911sc-coupe-lilac/. $32,900 obo.

IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1223-1.jpg
    1979porsche911sccoupelilac0003.jpg
    Last edited by 73ess; 01-21-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Last edited by 73ess; 01-21-2019 at 09:50 AM.

LOVELY original color!!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Thanks. Indeed it is and quite rare. I have tried to find another 911SC in original Lilac (Moonstone). So far, I've been unable to locate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    LOVELY original color!!

Has the motor been re built, have the head studs been checked ?
    Windows out re paint = $20k, plus its almost at 30k. Does the car have a complete history ? Because as is other than owning a Porsche in pale lilac I’m not sure where the upside is ?

No documentation of a rebuild, but most likely has been based on performance of the engine. I've been trying to track down the long term NM owner on title. I purchased from a guy he sold it to in 2012. I do have service records from the shop that serviced it from 2000 to 2012. The engine starts easily, has excellent oil pressure, excellent acceleration and has the the Carrera tensioner update, pop off valve and 930 valve covers. Head studs have been checked. Here's a test drive video: https://youtu.be/1Pc_ILKUH40

Rear decklid has been painted, so there's a bit of savings on the full repaint and luckily most of the original paint remains in the trunk and engine compartment. Also on the inner side of the sunroof panel and likely the doors.

The rarity of the Lilac (Moonstone) color is a major upside, but don't forget the factory sport seats (recently paid $5k for a pair in similar condition) and the lack of rust being a dry New Mexico car. Also it's a 79, which has the larger intake runners resulting in a stronger top end. More fun to drive than the 80 to 83's. Here's a much more common Minerva blue 79 that sold recently for $55k: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...sche-911sc-15/. That one had full documentation, but didn't have sport seats and color was not nearly as rare. I'd estimate value of mine to be in the 60's after a full repaint and some minor interior work.

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    Has the motor been re built, have the head studs been checked ?
    Windows out re paint = $20k, plus its almost at 30k. Does the car have a complete history ? Because as is other than owning a Porsche in pale lilac I’m not sure where the upside is ?
    Last edited by 73ess; 01-18-2019 at 10:18 AM.

#LOL. Unless you re paint it the original color and then build a time machine to take you back to 2013 there is no way its a $60k car. Its a re sale red SC with a no documented rebuild. Trust me i love the SC over the 3.2 but the way a 150k mile car ‘feels’ means nothing.
    History on a car is everything, and even then you need at least 10-20 k for sorting esp because there is no mention of suspension work, bushings, tires, and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    #LOL. Unless you re paint it the original color and then build a time machine to take you back to 2013 there is no way its a $60k car. Its a re sale red SC with a no documented rebuild. Trust me i love the SC over the 3.2 but the way a 150k mile car ‘feels’ means nothing.
    History on a car is everything, and even then you need at least 10-20 k for sorting esp because there is no mention of suspension work, bushings, tires, and on and on.
    Watch and learn...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Watch and learn...
    Can you be more specific re what it is, I’m watching and learning ?