Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @BaT - 1971 Porsche 911E - 48K Miles - Conda Green - Original Paint

FS: @BaT - 1971 Porsche 911E - 48K Miles - Conda Green - Original Paint

Now live at Bring a Trailer. Car can be seen and driven in Austin, TX.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-911e-10/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 04-12-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Such a great and beautiful car! Good luck John!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Great video and original owners!

Why are you starting the thinning of the herd with this one? (And 50 does seem like too many to manage!)

Thanks, guys.

Bittersweet, but adding 50+ cars to my 70+ hour work week, plus the hours I spend at my shop with 3-4 cars always in various stages of restoration, has proven to be more than my admittedly weak constitution can handle. There comes a time when too much of the thing you love can turn your greatest joy into your greatest stress. For once in my life I'm seeking balance before balance finds a way of forcing itself upon me.

Of course, I've already purchased 4 cars this year. So I might be full of sh*t. Time will tell.

As for why this car is going first, it really isn't. I sold a couple Turbos last year (because I'm just not a Turbo guy) as well as a couple duplicates. But this is probably the first car I'm selling that stings. I'm sure those of more limited taste (read: Beck) would tell me to start with my Subaru Brat or Citation X-11, but that's too much sting too soon. The truth is that I probably started with this car because it feels right. I'll miss the car but it's a drop in the ocean in my building and it's sooooo special. It deserves a better home where it's the star of its own show.
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 02-26-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Banned
    Not difficult to see what you're up to John... garden variety head fake.
    You're selling one of the pillars of your collection so that you can buy and hoard the rest of the 924s on the planet... + have an extra $155k to corner the Brat, Citation, & Cadillac Cimmaron market.

Nice of you to advertise here; it's the right thing to do but you're angling for trophy bass in the golf course pond. Might as well get your photos and info submitted to BaT NOW so that your car is the headliner for St. Paddy's Day.

Great car. Good luck with the sale.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by LiveFromNY; 04-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.

A history lesson.

https://youtu.be/TxZDdeevhcg
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 04-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.

It may just be me, but I don't see this on BaT?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Just like it's supposed to be...

untouched1.jpg