Thread: Price check: 67 engine short block

Price check: 67 engine short block

My friend and I have a 67 engine that came extra to a car we bought. It is a type 901/06. It will not rotate presently, and we are soaking it in oil to free it up. It has no serial number, so it may have been a factory replacement. We are interested to hear any early s forum member's opinion of the value. It will be offered for sale soon. Located in the Hilton Head area. I have been a member here for a while, but inactive since I sold my 72E. I am more active on Pelican-if you are wondering if I am a scammer, I am not-go check out my posts on Pelican (same username)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

For an aluminum case engine the number would be facing the rear of the car, right above the bolt in your picture. It would not be on the side you photographed.

Name:  DD9DCA8A-9420-4672-8385-1602AFD59C4E.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  66.4 KB

Since it has a type and production number the original engine number was (most likely) in this range.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

engine number

Thanks guys! It does have a number-911970. However, I am a little concerned about the last 3 digits and star symbol on the right-they look a little different than the left side digits and star.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That # is in the right location (not to the right side as you previously showed which is where a magnesium case has it's #) and the serial # is correct for the build #. Dave
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Stamping looks totally legit to me.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Moved to General Info as this thread is currently looking to price an item. Once your price is established, please list in FS. Thanks.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

The 7 , 0 and the star look like the factory worker may have lost his balance and went heavy on the right side of the stamp. Maybe he had one too many beer's after lunch.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Inaminit said he sold the engine for $5000.

Restoration newbie.
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]