Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 119200154

Roof metal is done. Body shop boss finished the welding and shrunk and planished the metal. Needs almost nothing, likely high build primer will suffice.
    The smuggler's box is done as well. The Webasto heater steel duct was a sculpture of weld beads. Removed it and made a plate that continues the center tunnel. More room, looks cleaner.
    Fitted the partly repaired floor board on passenger side to determine the spot for the small support with threaded stud at its base.

Got myself a new toy, I mean tool. Got to try it with the gearbox first. All that dirt scraped off dry, there was up to 1/2 " caked greasy oily grime on it.

Rear fenders welded on. Doors latch , gaps are consistent. Rear lid aligns. The rear lights are aligned as well, that took some cutting.

Floorboards. The driver side is being reglued slowly into shape, works OK. The passenger side… See below. I luckily have in the stash some *very* old 6mm plywood from a drawer chest I repaired a while ago, and it served as perfect period correct material. The plywood one can get now has less layers and has too often plug repairs.

I am also changing the gaskets on the rear quarter windows… I had done that once in the past and knew what was coming, but it does not get easier.

Very nice work
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Yes, in part. He said it took a lot of cutting/moving/shaping to have the lines correct and the rear lights in position.

Just noticed the stud at floor pan for DS floor board does not show in photo.
    Assume still in plan.
    Great work ....
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Good catch. It is in the plans, along with a left footrest.
    Does anyone have a measure refrence for the footrest?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    Good catch. It is in the plans, along with a left footrest.
    Does anyone have a measure refrence for the footrest?
    Good photo on Aase website:
    https://www.aasesales.com/products/g6k-b52-34i-101977

Some supposed original placements in 911Rs here (looks just like Aase photo):
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post280003

Name:  DSCN7890_1600x.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  112.8 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thank you!