Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 119200154

Good idea, I'll give it a shot in a non conspicuous spot first

Electrics, a domain I am confortable with.
    We started with a trash bag full of dirt and knots and ended up with a cleaned up lot, separated in looms. The label writer comes out this afternoon.
    The rear lights will need some work, but will be saved, and converted to euro spec.

Are all your harnesses useable?

So far, I think they are. They cleaned up well, some wires were cut, but I should manage.
    The kid has gotten into it. He has IDed a few looms already.

Are there any known faults in the factory wiring schematics? So far I have found a mismatching color in one loom that is otherwise correct.

What is that square connector for? Can't ID it...

Looks like 2 blacks and a red. Similar to the plug that goes into the bottom of the front blower motor, but that plug has 4 connectors. If you look in the diagram, see if you can find a plug with 2 blk and red.
    And yes, I have seen some mistakes in wiring diagrams before. It could also be a plug for a un used option/accessory. Any idea what area of the car that plug came from.

Hi Rick,
    Yes, it came from the large trash bag in the trunk…
    It is a bakelite (black) connector with 2 blacks and a red. The red separates from the 2 blacks about 2 feet from the connector.
    I thought blower at first, but it doesn't seem to be.

Put your son on the case.

He actually is.

More progress made.
    Identified about 90% of the wiring. Some were easy, because covered in grease/oil (from around the engine), or road dirt (lights). Quite a few deviant wires from the factory chart. Need help for these below:

-What is this connector or relay base with blue/white, red, white/yellow and white wires?

-Again, does anyone know what is this black bakelite connector with 2 black and one thick red wires?

I am going to hang these looms to get them as straight/relaxed as possible, might also lay them in the sun to soften the stiff parts a bit.

Check your wiring diagram, those colors should relate to front fog/ driving lights with relay base. The bare wire ends indicate they would be for the screw fuse connections.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.