Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 119200154

Next time I see it, no paint, no rust. The frame I built for it paid itself right away with unloading.
    These guys were super nice, worth mentioning. Meier in Rafz by Schaffhausen

George,

Nice project, hope you decide to go back to Irish Green

Cheers,
    Sebastian
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Sebastian, Thanks.
    Not much chance of it going green though….

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny042 View Post
    Sorry to say, no, that doesn't look quite right. I have a pretty good collection of factory dimension diagrams that my help you - will email them to you.
    Just following up on this and attaching these in case they are of any interest, or use, to others. Not sure where exactly I found them. Obviously I would need to credit the factory for these

I used them extensively when performing the (gasp!!!!) backdate on my 78 - it's as comprehensive a conversion to a "real" longhood as you are likely to find.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...emastered.html

Name:  IMG_20180224_182217_hdr.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  66.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jon,
    Got the email, thank you.

No paint. No rust.
    Got it back today, and delivered it to the body shop.

Good news: Upper half has only one hole by the right side A pillar. Window frames are all perfect, rear shelf, dash, doors, front lid, all excellent with minimal damage.

Bad news: the whole lower half. Longitudinaly by seat rails are poorly repaired, rear of front wheelwells are rusted out, on the welding line. left rear fender has a repair, where the welds were not even ground, ony hammered below level, to allow for a bondo sculpture.

I have about all the parts, except for the longitudinals by the seats. And I will likely need a left rear fender.

Next step is to have it on the Celette, and start from there.

A few more detailed pictures.
    Rear seat pan, rear shelf without a mark. Window frames perfect.
    I'll need a rear fender on the left side.
    Question: is there a repair part available for the inner sheetmetal behind the door opening? and one for the engine compartment left side?

Last pics for now:

I now truly feel I am part of a select elite, complete with dust mask and hazmat attire:

And I also joined the society of failed helicoils, dead camshafts and stuck clutches.