Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is paint on heater valves?

What is paint on heater valves?

Heater valves are painted red, is this a heat resistant paint or red oxide ?
    Does anyone know?
    Thanks.
    David

Neither high temp nor red oxide. They were simply an old German industrial enamel in a brownish orange coincidentally virtually identical to the old original Koni orange. I had my paint shop do a color match off a nice original as there was nothing readily available (rattle can). Name:  L1010061.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  114.6 KB
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Thank you Mark.
    I would never have worked that out.
    David

Not as spot on as Mark's, but a cheater alternative is red oxide primer with a coat of clear.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Not as spot on as Mark's, but a cheater alternative is red oxide primer with a coat of clear.
    That’s what I used and they look great!
    Scott

This is red primer with clear coat
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

HA! Those look great! The same thought came to me, but after I had already done the color match. Duh!
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I have this paint for sale. It's a spot on match. I have spray cans for sale. I had it mixed custom and it's dead on. PM me if you want one. I have 3 cans left. -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST

My newly painted boxes next to my newly painted Koni's. I used Chevy red/orange on the Koni's and red oxide/clear on the boxes. Both colors are very very close to the original finish. The pic showing front strut (original paint) and rears is almost an exact match.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I'm mixing up the correct color with Cerakote for a set that was sent to me. I'll post pics when I get something I like. Probably do only one so I can take pics of original and new side by side.
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462