Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: 67 911 Coupe Light Ivory/Black

As a fellow hot climate dweller, I am a strong supporter of cold a/c. Especially now that I am catching up with Frank in age. Proper a/c is a no brainer. You'll have just as many tire kickers complaining about the fact the car is white and how they wished it was Sand Beige.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    As a fellow hot climate dweller, I am a strong supporter of cold a/c. Especially now that I am catching up with Frank in age. Proper a/c is a no brainer. You'll have just as many tire kickers complaining about the fact the car is white and how they wished it was Sand Beige.
    Keith, another few years and we'll be the same age.

The state of Florida is one big insane asylum which definitely causes premature aging.

Go with the A/C. Having grown up in Texas (HOT!) it's a must have. Even up in New York, it can be in the 90's and muggy--not like that dry heat in AZ!

Banned
    Thanks for all of the input.
    Obviously preference is based on geography. Owners who don't drive in hot climates can't appreciate at all how nice A/C is. I do find it amusing that people who say the A/C is a waste are the same people who can't even drive their cars 5-6 months out of the year because of snow and salt. (There's a solution for that: Move.)

Ultimately all that matters is what the next owner wants. Until that person has skin in the game I guess the car will sit indefinitely. It doesn't bother me watching the value continue to climb while suspended on a lift but it's a shame that someone isn't enjoying it.

Hear you on this FB, and I am fortunate to be able to run all year AC not.

I am not always that sympathetic for a passenger anyway but 'hey' ,, wipe you'r own brow I say. I'm too busy myself to notice.

Have you had any fish "strike" the lure whilst ""trolling"" ???
    Mark

Frank, you have to reinstall the AC system, and make it work.
    This is the condition of the car when it was delivered AND it makes it much more easy to enjoy in your country, so there is no question to be asked.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Have you had any fish "strike" the lure whilst ""trolling"" ???
    Mark I'm cruising offshore for trophies. Some nibbling by small fish that don't meet regulation size; I won't even try to set the hook with these.

Candidly I think there are lots of buyers for solid 60k projects that need a hundred grand in restoration. These are usually bought by smartest-one-in-the-room types and pro flippers (Dealers). Also by guys who want to try sausage making on their own and make it a fun 2-3 year pastime. There are also retail buyers for professionally done, turn-key examples. (Far fewer than there were 2-3 years ago!)

And the rarest of them all is the guy who doesn't mind buying an "almost" finished car.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Frank, you have to reinstall the AC system, and make it work.
    This is the condition of the car when it was delivered AND it makes it much more easy to enjoy in your country, so there is no question to be asked.
    That's easy to say but I've actually had ready, willing, and able buyers walk from GREAT cars with dealer installed A/C.

Even though I live in Western Oregon, I'm in the "I like having A/C" camp. Climate here is mild, but even so it is more comfortable to drive during the summer months with A/C. And for road trips - I would not have driven my '84 Carrera to Monterrey last year through Redding, Red Bluff and Sacramento in late August with out working A/C.

So I'm very happy that the '72 T coupe I bought recently is a factory A/C car. No question that I'll keep it and make it work.

As for the dealer installed versions, I too have seen some nasty hack jobs of installation. But I'm also betting that Frank can clean that up and make it as nice as a aftermarket system can be. So I'd vote to retain it as well.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Here's another vote in favor of A/C. What about tinting the windows to help out with the A/C?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA