Rear Bumper Corner Options

Hi
    I am struggling to find a decent pair of rear bumpers

Are they still available from Porsche?
    Porsche Orignal?
    What are the Dansk parts like?
    Any other sources?

Thanks

Another source is Restoration Design. They list both LWB and SWB parts. No experience with how well they fit, however. http://www.restoration-design.com/st...=rear%20bumper

I think they may still be available from Porsche as well.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I have only experience of original ones for rear (IIRC new ones from Porsche are available, but significantly more expensive than Dansk) but if I could use this thread to check fitment of Dansk front bumper for SWB? Anyone used?
    For SWB's originals are very often in very bad condition (not just rust) so choice for me is either new "original" from Porsche or Dansk one, Porsche part costing 2.5 times more. I have only used Porsche panels on my restoration and IMO fitment have been excellent, but would be OK to use Dansk bumper if fitment is good and save 1000$.
    - Ville -

1967 911 Slate Grey/red, fully restored + 66' "r-ish" hotrod project

Banned
    I've used Dansk once and was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit a LWB.

No matter what you use, expect some wrestling around to align everything. Even very nice, used OE.

Thank you Frank!! I assume then that SWB would be OK then as well as shape is so similar to LWB. I'd prefer new "original" but price difference is just so significant, and haven't been able to source decent front bumper from Europe.
    True that pretty much always some fettling is needed (and with repro parts more than fettling, some are just unusable even as starting point), but this time I would just like to avoid compelete surgery as getting very close to paint. (and why I don't want to do complete surgery to my original one, it has been so badly repaired in the past)
    - Ville -

Banned
    Don't forget to give a report!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Don't forget to give a report!
    I will, I thought this would have been discussed here or on usual forums before but couldn't find anything.
    - Ville -

My friend just got this from dansk yesterday. It is the front bumper. A With Notes it is one solid piece. It also has these inventions on the bottom edge that I took pictures of. The overall look is very nice except for the bottom lip is not turned up on this like the short Bill will bass one and it has these almost looks like a break points where are they where they bent the thing but if you look at the top of it it has no none of these and it was all done on the same stamping. Here’s some pics I’ll let you know how it fits in a couple of daysAttachment 480303Attachment 480304Attachment 480305Attachment 480306Attachment 480307
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

This is about SWB and my recent experience:
    Dansk front bumper, fit was OK but bit of massaging and metal work was needed on the upper side as mentioned in previous post. But fit is good after work, so can be made to fit well.

Rear bumper SWB: Porsche part is significantly better (I bought both)!! Quickly Dansk looks ok but require fair bit of metal work and lead loading. Whole pressing is kind of twisted slightly, Porsche part on the other hand is just bolt on and again very good quality.
    - Ville -