Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Luftgekuehlt 2019 any news ??

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Would 've been nice if you'd maybe posted some notice of the Petersen Tour?

I'm not a member of the museum and only found out about the tour on some other site --- BaT, I think? . . .

. . . + only after admission to the event was closed

Don't suppose you have any pics to share?

Been nice if some of the more-local (to the Petersen) visitors here had had a chance to join in . . .

. . . like me

^ Fair criticism, I reckon.

Promotion/sales of the vault tour was Petersen's space. Suppose we could have done something, too, but tickets in the first batch sold out in 48 hours before we knew they were FS. We held some back in the second batch for S subscribers, and reached out to them with free general reception tix plus discounted VIP and access to vault tour tix, and I believe the latter sold out pretty quickly as well. No pics to share, as I was giving the tour, but can hassle someone who helps us who was present.

As for locals, there's something "000" coming back to the southwest later this year, for more people than the two small groups we could take through the vault—will definitely announce with some notice!

. . . No 'Hassle'

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    . . . Fair criticism, I reckon . . .
    Gosh --- I sure hope not. To me, 'criticism' always smacks of disagreement, sides being taken. I prefer observation

This is a VERY small community, here --- I mean, I've been here ten years and never see more than a few hundred of us online, at any given time . . . not surprising considering the tiny corner of the Porsche world that's focused-on, here. And many of us are only voyeurs, anyway . . .

. . . which would make something like a tour of the Petersen so appealing

And --- since you come here . . .

. . . be nice if you'd share about these kinds of events

As for pics, well --- please don't 'hassle' anyone

I mean --- if no one took any? . . .

. . . did it really happen?

'Hassle'? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=petersen

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Amazing.

I thought my point that criticism was an appropriate word was just?

You disagree Chuck?

^ Fair observation, fair criticism…not sure I see such a huge difference in those two words in this usage, and certainly didn't mean to infer one. Fwiw, I don't view "criticism" as a negative in quite the same way others (most?) seem to. I view it as something to grow from. In this way, I think "criticism" is an appropriate word here...especially as it led to what we could have done better in someone else's view.

As to photos, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the word ""hassle" either, and didn't mean to. I need to see if someone helping 000 took photos of me while I was speaking, but I'll be honest in saying that posting photos of myself isn't a high priority because I'm not all that excited about being a "personality." We all give in our own ways, and there's nothing wrong with that. I appreciate some personalities a great deal, and get a kick out of their contributions.

Your link is awesome, btw. Missed that first time around, and it's a boon to those who couldn't go to the museum…

From 2016 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    . . . Thanks for the support and posts . . . We have had so much interactivity and some outstanding cars that have come from this board, the least I can do is my best to interact here and use you guys as some of my eyes and ears . . .

. . . said this many times on record: Our goal with Luftgekühlt (don't worry I am still working on how to pronounce it) is to have fun and open the doors to new people in hope to immerse them into the awesome world of Porsche air-cooled cars. While we realize not everyone is a fan of what we do or how we do it, it's been so rewarding to receive feedback and see so many families come out for a morning of education and good times . . .

Patrick Long #31 PWC
    . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    . . . link is awesome, btw. Missed that first time around, and it's a boon to those who couldn't go . . .
    Thanks for that!

Lotta stuff goes on that some of us can't get to, so, taking a picture? . . . easy to do + share

'Sides . . . when would I ever see that Type 64 again? That pic may be all I'll have to remember it by

We Can Be Heroes

'Nother thread . . .

. . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...tgekuhlt-6-WOW!

We Can Be Heroes

Overseas Coverage . . .

. . . c/o Porsche Club Great Britain . . .

'. . . Luft is not merely a gathering of some of the finest aircooled Porsche’s from around the world but a celebration of the people and the culture that makes the marque what it is today.

To set the scene, Californian car culture is diverse and expressive. Whether you’re driving down Rodeo Drive or through the streets of Burbank it’s apparent that Californian Porsche enthusiasts are brave, bold and passionate.

It’s not uncommon to see an SWB 911 doing the supermarket run or a 914-6 parked up at the beach. Far from being reserved for the weekend, Porsche culture is ingrained into the daily lives of the place and the people that made it Porsche’s largest market outside of Europe.

Luft is the absolute epitome of this. No better is the blend of culture, diversity and history clebrated than seeing the RUF yellowbird parked next 3.0L 914s. The backdrop of Universal Studios’ backlot tied the entire event together in a perfectly packed experience
    . . .'

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/news-a...-luftgekuhlt-6

. . . + their gallery . . .

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/commun.../luftgekuhlt-6

Notta lotta commentary --- but some pretty pics

We Can Be Heroes

International Coverage

In case anybody missed it, here's my feature article and photos at Road Scholars Magazine. Enjoy! :

https://roadscholars.com/rs-magazine/
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187