Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Divorce attorneys are the enemy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearby View Post
    I've been with my wife for 26 years. I was 20 and she was only 17, and still in high school.
    I actually find it hard to give others advice as I've been out of the game so long. I have several single friends, and it's easy to see why they're single.
    What I can say though is that my wife is my best friend. We know each other so well that we can actually finish each other's sentences. And we usually know what the other one is thinking.
    Probably one of our best traits is that we know what each other's limits are. When one of us freaks out the other one doesn't. It keeps things from going completely haywire.
    About six months back, an old female friend from high school got a hold of me through Facebook. She wanted to catch up on old times. I didn't hide anything from my wife, I told her all about it but I still should have told female #2 no. I thought everything was harmless and transparent, but I learned the hard way that Two Kitties in the litter box is one too many.
    The three of us went out for drinks and I could tell my wife was very unhappy. After we got home, she let me have it. I was sitting on the couch right in front of a large 4 by 8 window while she paced back and forth yelling at me, louder than I've ever heard her do. I didn't say a word. She then picks up my cell phone and from about 20 feet away throws it at me as hard as she could. The first thing that went through my mind was, oh no, there goes the window. She hit me right in the chest with it and all I could think was, "Wow, that was a great throw." I told female #2, we couldn't be in contact anymore and my wife and I are still going strong. But even my friends told me I was an idiot for thinking I could have a female friend. So just goes to show after 26 years , there are still things to learn.
    That's hilarious!
    Hope it wasn't a phablet that she threw at you.

How you thought it was a good idea to bring a feral cat into the house is beyond my imagination. You deserve some kind of award for this and you definitely have great friends for thinking that you're an idiot.

However, glad to see that your marriage is thriving. My wife and I also share 26 years of wedded bliss; and by far she gets most of the credit.

I will have 35 years in this August. My Dad gave me some really good advice when I would start to get serious with a girl:

1) Take a good look at the Mom because that is what your girl friend is going to look like.
    2) If the parents are divorced run.
    3) If the parents are still married, get to know the Dad and pay attention as to why the relationship has endured.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Get a wife that loves Cars....
    I disagree. My ex-wife now owns my first 928 CS.

"...it was decided I would make all of the big decisions and my wife would make all of the little decisions. For fifty years, we have held true to that agreement. I believe that is the reason for the success in our marriage. However, the strange thing is that in fifty years, there hasn’t been one big decision.
    Albert Einstein

Consistent with Einstein's law of "remaining relatives" it was my wife who actually made the decision I should buy a Carrera RS In the early nineties despite her having little interest in cars. She was bored waiting in the showroom for me to ask all the questions and look it over in great detail so eventually having enough of my due diligence told to just buy the damn thing then we could go for the lunch I'd promised. It often helped over the years that it was her decision not mine. I'm often reminded of the fact. While many nice cars have come and gone this one is only long term keeper.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    "...it was decided I would make all of the big decisions and my wife would make all of the little decisions. For fifty years, we have held true to that agreement. I believe that is the reason for the success in our marriage. However, the strange thing is that in fifty years, there hasn’t been one big decision.
    Albert Einstein

Consistent with Einstein's law of "remaining relatives" it was my wife who actually made the decision I should buy a Carrera RS In the early nineties despite her having little interest in cars. She was bored waiting in the showroom for me to ask all the questions and look it over in great detail so eventually having enough of my due diligence told to just buy the damn thing then we could go for the lunch I'd promised. It often helped over the years that it was her decision not mine. I'm often reminded of the fact. While many nice cars have come and gone this one is only long term keeper.
    lol

Reminds me of most engineers I know; they can't commit to save their life because they have a self-imposed paralysis regarding risk.

Wise counsel to any single person who is adverse to risk... marry a free spirit.

Mrs Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    . . . "...it was decided I would make all of the big decisions and my wife would make all of the little decisions. For fifty years, we have held true to that agreement. I believe that is the reason for the success in our marriage. However, the strange thing is that in fifty years, there hasn’t been one big decision.
    Albert Einstein
    . . .
    Hm

That would be Elsa --- his 2nd wife . . . also his cousin

The 1st = Mileva --- was a Serbian Mathematician + fellow student that he’d met while at the Swiss Polytechnic where he took his degree. WAY more interesting

Consider what it took for a woman to get into any University, back then --- let alone a program for advanced physics . . . and that she was the only female in the place. Got the better grades, too --- but couldn’t pass her orals = no degree. Four years older than Albert --- + his folks hated her. But Einstein’s only kids were with her

The interesting thing was that all of Einstein’s best ideas + contributions took place . . . while he was married to Mileva . . .

Short Version . . .

Mileva was a collaborator

Elsa? . . . was 'convenient' . . . Einstein's own description

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-24-2019 at 10:13 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    I disagree. My ex-wife now owns my first 928 CS.
    We have his hers and our cars. Our Car is the Firetruck - the rest is split and stays split.
    Last edited by uai; 01-24-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Uai,
    That is so "European" to have a Firetruck 'F7-47' on hand if things get too heated.
    Mark

Banned
    Did someone say firetruck?

There is something about a firetruck that completes a man.

Please post pics.

... post picture of your half of fire truck Uli. Wouldn't want you to overstep and end up in trouble with your wife because of this thread ; )