Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @RM Sotheby’s - 1964 300082 Estimate 600-800.000 Eur

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    That's the issue with these early 64 cars, they've all been restored and often over-restored...
    I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean by over-restored.

This one ain't over-restored.

I'm bypassing Urban Dictionary and inventing a new word:

"Resturd".

One of the all time worst '64's I've ever seen. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean by over-restored.

This one ain't over-restored.

I'm bypassing Urban Dictionary and inventing a new word:

"Resturd".

One of the all time worst '64's I've ever seen. What a shame.
    but at least the colour(exterior) is nice

300082: Fugget ‘bout seats... how do you miss on such an important detail like an eng lid grill?
    but it matches the engine compartment seal on the center panel....not sure if the grille matches the allen hinge bolts

Banned
    Signals:

Phonies!

Tells you all you need to know when someone "restores" a 3/4 MILLION DOLLAR CAR and buys a $40 Bosch universal ignition switch and CHEAPS OUT on signals.

I guess we should be thankful if it brings anywhere near the projected price.

When every single part has been restored or replaced the car has little originality left and it looses its soul. Feels like a lot of money for a chassis number.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Signals:

Phonies!

Tells you all you need to know when someone "restores" a 3/4 MILLION DOLLAR CAR and buys a $40 Bosch universal ignition switch and CHEAPS OUT on signals.

I guess we should be thankful if it brings anywhere near the projected price.
    You know how long it took you to find your euro ones! What's better? Expensive incorrect ones or cheap incorrect ones?
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    You know how long it took you to find your euro ones! What's better? Expensive incorrect ones or cheap incorrect ones?
    If I was on the 5 yard line of bringing a 64 to market and still hadn't sourced NOS lights I would have sucked it up and ordered from Freisinger.

But I suspect whoever did this car can't fathom the significance between fakes and NOS.

However, a multitude of sins can be overlooked with this color. It's fantastic.

Not sure the analogy is adequate but in my mind even a flawed diamond is more respectable than a CZ.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    Not sure the analogy is adequate but in my mind even a flawed diamond is more respectable than a CZ.
    Exactly!

Inaccurate repro lenses like the ones on this car = cubic zirconia.

How can one tell from a distance that the lenses are reproductions? ...

Lee
    Member #1277