Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @AK - 1973 Porsche 911 T Coupe 1-owner 30-Years Fresh Engine - Not Mine

FS: @AK - 1973 Porsche 911 T Coupe 1-owner 30-Years Fresh Engine - Not Mine

This is one of those cars that I've (for some strange reason) never been a fan of the color. Maybe it's just everyone else turning up their nose...not sure. But, in person, I think the color has really grown on me. It has a subtle sophistication. Plus, you just don't see this color much anymore.

Paul has been smitten with the car and loves driving it, but I seriously doubt his dad's going to go for another car to add to the permanent collection. This example is super dry, straight, great history that's documented and totally sorted mechanically. Plus, the price seems pretty attractive at $65k. Not many longhood numbers matching 911s that aren't rusty and are turnkey in this price range anymore.

Full details at www.autokennel.com

or, call Paul at 714-335-4911
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice car and honestly described, warts and all. My 72S was originally this colour ( came to me 30: years ago Guards Red, I made it Blood Orange and after a huge restoration it’s now Porsche Grey Black, the 2010 RS colour). I was just not brave enough to go Sepia Brown, and I still believe it’s not a suitable colour for a sports car ).

Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks. I've always liked things a bit different and I love these funky shades of brown. If I owned it and repainted it, I'd keep it Sepia. I think this color will one day have its moment.

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

I've owned five brown 911/930 over the years, always liked them but I realize I'm in the minority. Nice car Paul, GLWS!

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

So, this past Friday, my wife and I took this Sepia T up to Newcombs Ranch via Angeles Crest Highway. We both fell in love with it. Our good friends who are local enthusiasts (J and Nicole Ryan) took it up the hill for a quick spin. Here's a 45 second video clip:

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

I like Sepia Brown, Sand Beige, and the later browns. Great period colors, though not for everyone. The gas burners are very cool on this car.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Sure sounds good!
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    I like Sepia Brown, Sand Beige, and the later browns.
    I like the browns too!

Usually after lunch!

"I think this color will one day have its moment."

Paul, I believe this color "has its moment" for all of us daily. Sometimes more.

I am curious why you think Sepia will make a comeback?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 01-29-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I like the browns too!

Usually after lunch!
    There is nothing like a good "brown" after lunch!

This is a very nice car that up until the consignment to Autokennel used to reside near me. I will be watching because, apart from the gas burners, it is virtually identical to my 73.5T.
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

sephia and sand beige have made a big comeback. Red,black and white are now played out.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com