Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973 Porsche 911S Coupe Signal Yellow

FS: 1973 Porsche 911S Coupe Signal Yellow

1973 Porsche 911S Coupe
    VIN 9113301160
    Engine: 6331863
    Signal Yellow (52)
    Brown Leatherette (26)
    Comprehensively restored 911S from the last year of production of the real S. This car has its number matching motor and is in the original color of Signal Yellow. According to the Certificate of Authenticity it left the factory with the following options installed:

- US Equipment
    - Koni Shocks
    - Blaupunkt Radio
    - White Fog Lights
    - Tinted Glass All Around

All of these options, except the US Equipment are present. H4 headlights, Euro turn signals front and rear, and the chrome bumperettes in the rear while deleting the fronts. When purchased the car was red and in poor condition. There was significant rust in the rear quarters, pans, front and rear latch panels, and one rear longitudinal. Both the inner and outer rocker were also replaced. Full photo documentation of the restoration and metal work.

The matching 2.4 liter MFI motor was completely stripped and rebuilt using Mahle pistons. The crank was machined and the heads. Nothing was left untouched. The MFI pump was sent to Gus and rebuilt. The 915 transmission is correct, but I cannot confirm if it is original to the car. It was also disassembled and completely rebuilt with all synchros, first gear, and other wear items replaced. It is NOT limited slip.

The interior was completely redone and brown leather was used instead of the leatherette. Pepita inserts on the front sport seats. While the seats are not original to the car, they are original Porsche Recaro sport seats. The gauges were sent to Palo Alto and restored to original. A Blaupunkt radio that is fully functional along with a new speaker is in the dash. Seatbelts front and rear are new.

The Fuchs are not original to the car but are the correct type, not date coded. It also has a reproduction tool kit. The fuel tank is also new as the original was badly rusted. Careful effort on the restoration to mimic factory paint techniques and the quality of the gaps was used. But most of all, it drives very nicely.

The 2.4 liter S powerplant runs like it should. Producing its peak power when passing 4,000 rpm. No hiccups or issues in the motor and it is quite dry. The 915 gearbox is precise and works with no issues. The restored aluminum S calibers provide great stopping power for such a light car. All suspension components are new and of the highest quality. Absolutely no issues, this early S is ready to enjoy.

Priced at $170,000 or reasonable offers.

Personal inspections and PPI’s are encouraged.

Contact Keith Ennis (561)267-1859

911S 1.jpg

911S 3.jpg

911S 2.jpg
    Last edited by ennisk1; 02-05-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Nice color combination. Very cool car!
    72S, 72T now ST

9113301160 . . .

. . . previous appearance . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...79#post1005179

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Nothing like having pre restoration posts and images thrown on your thread after having done such a lovely job. Do you have pictures of his hot wife from when she was fat too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    Nothing like having pre restoration posts and images thrown on your thread after having done such a lovely job. Do you have pictures of his hot wife from when she was fat too?
    I’m just glad we don’t do “Likes” here or these posts would really get out of control.

As if a potential buyer can’t do his own VIN/history research.

And as far as “fat to thin wife pics” go? This is NOT THE PLACE!!!

Those belong in Off Topic.

Hey! After 25 years of marriage my wife is still beautiful! Seriously, I have no problems with the pre-restoration photos being shown. The car was a mess. If it had not been an "S" it would not have been worth restoring.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

isn't the correct path thin to fat?

That is not the point. Let a car be posted here without being bombed. The better new posts are received the more will be posted here for sale. The amount of cars for sale is dwindling as it is. Many will not post here because of things like this. Keith is being polite.

. . . Looking

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    . . . Seriously, I have no problems with the pre-restoration photos being shown. The car was a mess . . .
    Hear-hear!

Nothing gives me hope/inspiration like seeing someone like Kieth take less-than-promising material . . .

. . . clean it up . . .

. . . then show the results here --- for us . . . for sale or not

'Member Alan's little project? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-of-a-RHD-2-2S

. . . or the rusty rockers on mine? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post471332

I mean --- where else can we show this kinda stuff? . . .

. . . and what better audience for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    . . . not the point. Let a car be posted here without being bombed . . .
    'Bombing'? Izzat what you think I'm doing, Don? Well ---- I'm not . . . there 're some other characters here fer that

Just 'cause I don't usually comment on cars --- especially ones that I haven't seen, myself . . . doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what people show here

Put it Another Way --- I think Kieth deserves a medal . . . not just for the work he's done . . .

. . . but for posting here. Uuuuh . . . this can be a tough crowd

And 'sides --- like our site's name says . . . this is a Registry

So I try to tie stuff together, 'cause maybe not now, but some time in the future --- maybe/prolly years from now, even . . .

. . . someone just might come here, ya know? . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hers-Early-911

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-30-2019 at 05:21 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

. . . Pfft!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . As if a potential buyer can’t do his own VIN/history research . . .
    Sure-sure --- as long as those VINs/histories/threads don't, ya know . . .

. . . disappear . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...y-I-sold-my-RS

We Can Be Heroes