Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973 Porsche 911S Coupe Signal Yellow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dg567 View Post
    isn't the correct path thin to fat?
    That is certainly the American path. When I see morbidly obese people in public I want SO MUCH to ask "Excuse me sir/ma'am, how did you get so frickin' fat?!!!" Can't wait til I'm really old and lose my filter entirely.

I understand Don's point and I also believe Keith is being polite. (BTW: I, like Keith can say my wife is as beautiful now as she was 25 years ago. Maybe more so.)

Perhaps a basic question is: "Just because history is available online or in an archive does that mean someone with no personal stake at all should post it?" Seriously, what really motivates some people to appoint themselves gatekeeper?

Honest question Rick: If a seller believed that one of your posts was potentially harming the sale of their car and politely requested that you pull your post, would you?

Never met Keith, but I travel in the same Porsche circles as him in South East Florida. I believe Keith has spent plenty of time with Klubsport and the 901 Shop. I have also seen a couple of his cars. They are nice - especially the early Kremer inspired car. Personally, I don't really care if someone is/was obese or his/her wife is/has been obese. If they can buy the car and fit in it with enough room to drive it, they can't be too obese. If the sport seats have been restored properly, it's irrelevant how much stress they were under or sweated all over with an obese previous driver or passenger. So what is the point of bringing it up here? The important thing to me is the quality of the restoration. I don't know what Keith paid for the car back in 2015, but if it was anything close to ask price, and he was able to restore the car from its previous poor condition back in 2015 to what it looks like in the pics posted here using either of the two shops mentioned above - including a full engine rebuild, tranny, interior and paint - and still makes some money out of it, then kudos to him. He picked a nice car to clean up.... GLWTS
    Last edited by gruen911; 01-31-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Wow. Let me say that I was involved in the restoration of this car in providing feedback and advice. A company (not Klub Sport or 901 Shop) that I consult with restored it, and fortunately they listened to me. I have full documentation and photos of the car before and after for seriously interested parties. No reason to share them all here. Anyone that knows me knows that I would have disclosed the pre-restoration photos. There are no secrets on the internet. The car is very nice. Not perfect in every detail, but very nice and it drives like a proper Early S.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Perhaps a basic question is: "Just because history is available online or in an archive does that mean someone with no personal stake at all should post it?" Seriously, what really motivates some people to appoint themselves gatekeeper?

Honest question Rick: If a seller believed that one of your posts was potentially harming the sale of their car and politely requested that you pull your post, would you?
    This +100. Right on the money!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

If you don't want feedback don't put it up for sale here. Maybe the forum should be like Pelican where you cannot bash or fawn over a car thats for sale.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    If you don't want feedback don't put it up for sale here. Maybe the forum should be like Pelican where you cannot bash or fawn over a car thats for sale.
    Really?

Phil would be ok with someone airing ALL of the laundry on a car that he sells? Including what he paid?
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 01-31-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Phil who????

[QUOTE=Frank Beck;1005293]Really?

Phil would be ok with someone airing ALL of the laundry on a car that he sells? Including what he paid?

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    Done--with bells on
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Banned
    Bagley.
    He and Bruce are proprietors of KS.

I thought you implied you did biz with them? Or did I misunderstand?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 01-31-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Banned
    johns4949,
    Seriously, where does it end when third parties insert themselves? If “history” is so important then it should be fair game for third parties to list purchase prices as well.

Best of luck Keith! Beautiful car.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 02-01-2019 at 01:54 AM.