Thread: Experience with reproduction rocker and bumper trim pieces from Aase

Experience with reproduction rocker and bumper trim pieces from Aase

Hi
    Does anyone have experience with the rocker and bumper trim pieces from Aase, e.g., https://www.aasesales.com/products/h...iant=186122582
    The rubber in the ones on my car (1966 coupe) is rock solid and has shrunk, so it needs replaced and I wondered if this was any good.
    If not, do you have any other suggestions?
    Thanks a lot
    Stephen
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I recently ordered several deco's for my car. Quality is all over the place.

Front bumper: Porsche part, quality and fit is good as are the inserts and backing rubber I would recommend this part

Rear bumper deco's: Ordered from the same source, does not appear to be a Porsche part. Quality horrendous. basic shape wrong, see picture. End shape much to pointy and supplied backing rubber not even close to what came original. I would classify this as absolute junk. Believe, but am not sure that this is a tasker product

Side deco's: I have some NOS originals which I will be comparing with the reproductions I should receive today.

Hope this helps,

JK
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Received the Porsche side deco's yesterday. A quick check last night did not bring to light any immediate problems. Will study in more detail and report back

@718RSK thanks for the research

I would order from Porsche - I bought a set of rocker deco moldings from www.sunsetporscheparts.com and they look great. Also better price than the 'usual' retailers

Except they only go back to 1984 on their website!

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 9.14.02 AM.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  39.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mathieulecomte View Post
    I would order from Porsche - I bought a set of rocker deco moldings from www.sunsetporscheparts.com and they look great. Also better price than the 'usual' retailers

Member #1616

+1 thanks to @718RSK

Quote Originally Posted by JackMan View Post
    @718RSK thanks for the research

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Except they only go back to 1984 on their website!
    Use the reference on the PET and type it in, I bought a set for a member in the UK and took them with me when I went to London last. Don't look up by year otherwise that would mean they have no parts prior to 84.... I promise you they have some lol!

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...artscatalogue/

Have you tried Auto Foreign/Eric Linden for that stuff? He makes great repro parts and I believe stuff for early cars.

Hi Ben
    I got a lot of great stuff from Eric, thanks, but he doesn't do the early trim... just the 911S which is thicker...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBen View Post
    Have you tried Auto Foreign/Eric Linden for that stuff? He makes great repro parts and I believe stuff for early cars.

Member #1616