Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld’s “counterfeit” ‘58 Speedster

Quote Originally Posted by 62S-R-S View Post
    To learn there are aluminum panels where steel ought to be..and whether that wrecks the provenance * and * therefore decimate the value
    of it ?
    If it was a GS with later installed GT options and not a factory GS/GT it would.

According to Rolf Sprenger's book Carrera; chassis 84908 GT/GT, aluminum panel, engine 91015, 23 May '58, auratium/black, engine installed June '58
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

I sold an alloy GT speedster engine lid from B. Jennings crashed speedster (had first V drive distributor motor) years ago to someone in SO Cal who subsequently sold it along with alloy doors and front lid for a speedster. Maybe they found their way to this car.

Latest . . .

'. . . Further in the court documents is the following statement, allegedly from the vehicle’s history file and written by the party who sold the Porsche to Seinfeld, “Unfortunately we do not have a lot of information on the 1958 Porsche 356 A 1500 Carrera GT Speedster VIN 84908. We purchased the car from a broker who would not take me to the car [sic] original location to meet the family that owned it originally. I tried very hard to find out more but never could” . . .

. . . On June 21, 2018, documents state that Seinfeld left a voicemail at Fica Frio stating that he wanted to “offer my apology for this nuisance and assure you that you will be completely indemnified in full and not have to keep the car and get all your money back,” along with, “I did want to apologize to you personally for that happening.” According to the suit, Seinfeld also said that he “would love to know how you guys figured it out because I find that to be interesting ’cause that’s impressive my guys did not, I guess, see anything amiss with the car when I bought it.” Fica Frio contends that it still has not received return payment from Seinfeld, hence the legal action being brought
    . . .'

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/j...AFD35CB0E380EC

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Jerry's been screwed before. One reason he's being so reasonable with this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJnPZ1Lr2k

Poor Jerry, he himself duped. So much for that expert he used...

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/25/jerry...196.1551139425

He has been ripped before...a great anecdote is in one of his books, about early road work as a comedian. Some clubs at the time chose to pay in cash. To be cautious, a laundry bag in the hotel room might serve as temporary motel safe. On one trip to the laundromat, he simply dropped off the duffel bag. ..Frantic a few hours later, he ran back to try and recover the funds. Regrettably, not one person had seen any of it. 70 G roughly.

EC always seemed like a reputable outfit...
    Last edited by Bill Meyer; 02-26-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Meyer View Post
    EC always seemed like a reputable outfit...
    There had been some rumors before about some cars. Once again, they should have shown pre restoration photos.

Meanwhile the auction company is an innocent bystander in all of this I'm sure.