Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche NOS 1969 911 E Seatbelts

Porsche NOS 1969 911 E Seatbelts

Hi everyone,

I’m searching a pair of NOS original seatbels for my 911 E from 1969.

Can someone help me?

Best regards,
    Cedric

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi Cedric,

NOS will be very difficult to find plus you need to be more specific; retractable vs 3 point fixed, US or ROW? A nice set of Autoflugs US version (not mine) is currently for sale on eBay: https://www.ebay.de/itm/PORSCHE-911-...XdDH:rk:1:pf:0

Cees
    Last edited by fourteenten; 02-10-2019 at 03:17 AM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Hi Cedric,

NOS will be very difficult to find plus you need to be more specific; retractable vs 3 point fixed, US or ROW? Just recently a nice set of Autoflugs (not mine) was on eBay: https://www.ebay.de/itm/PORSCHE-911-...p2047675.l2557

Cees
    Hi Cees, I’m owning a European car. I don’t know which was originally fitted on a 911 E from 1969.....

Hi Cedric,

Ok, two options, I think it should be listed on the birth certificate of the car if it had retractable seat belts. Those were an option in Europe. If it was not listed then most likely it did not have any seat belts or 3 point fixed. I have not seen many RePa 3 point fixed from 1969 (911.803.011.05) but they do exist. Another thing to address which seats you have in the car; Recaro comfort or Sport. Most of the times the comfort seat used L bracket to mount the short receiver while Sport seats have a mounting point (7/16'' thread) on the seat frame and the long receiver was mounted on that.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Hi Cedric,

Ok, two options, I think it should be listed on the birth certificate of the car if it had retractable seat belts. Those were an option in Europe. If it was not listed then most likely it did not have any seat belts or 3 point fixed. I have not seen many RePa 3 point fixed from 1969 (911.803.011.05) but they do exist. Another thing to address which seats you have in the car; Recaro comfort or Sport. Most of the times the comfort seat used L bracket to mount the short receiver while Sport seats have a mounting point (7/16'' thread) on the seat frame and the long receiver was mounted on that.

Cees
    Thank you Cees for your Experience on this. I will check and get back to you.

You will want belts with 1968 silk tags on them, if you are going for complete accuracy.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

36 year PCA member
    In the US delivered cars I believe in 68 and earlier and possibly in 69 the cars came without seat belts and the dealers installed them usually with Hickok/ASE belts mostly 2 point but I do have some 3 point and 2 point if interested.
    I don’t know when REPA belts were 1st installed by factory?

The 69 cars used the Repa 3 point fixed belts. A Euro car would have the heavy woven Orange tracer webbing. Unfortunately this webbing is NLA. I had some reproduced a while ago but the twisted yarn is NLA. The nearest you will get will be the 71- on webbing that i have had re- produced.

See here.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=repa+chrome

Dave

This is a picture of a 68 dated ROW set of seat belts. The 68 and even into 69 the plastic divider is different than the later years and almost always damaged.

Regards,

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

FYI I have for sale a very nice and complete set of REPA seat belts, front and rear, included is all of the hard to find hardware. These are listed in the 911 Parts For Sale section on or about January 26, 2019.
    Tom Scott