Thread: Priceless pleasure

Priceless pleasure

I have thought compelled to share something wonderful that happened a couple of evenings ago.

Whist we (myself, Rebecca and 12 yr old Hugo ) were visiting an old friend we were visited by more,, none other than Nathan Haines his wife Jamie and 4 yr old Zoot (named after saxophonist Zoot Sims ).

Nathan is a prolific Jazz musician whom I have had the pleasure to know, watch and enjoy for the past 1/4 century.

Unfortunately he was diagnosed a little over a year ago with cancer of the throat and so began a year long battle. It was decided by himself and Jamie that due to the 2 only options for surgery that he would rather lose his vocal function rather than his ability to blow his beloved saxophones, trumpets, clarinets and the like.

Nathan won the battle ,,, the cancer lost and he has maintained his speech even though only at a whispering level.

We reminisced of days of old and various approaches for the future, of cars we had had and times we had shared. He whispered about the red 911SC he had had and regretted selling and mentioned if I had seen the Gemini Blue 72 parked down the road and that we should go and have a look at it.

"I'll see and raise you on that" is all I said and slid the car keys across the table and told him and Jamie to go for an early evening drive.

They came back 20 minutes later totally elated.

Yeah,, our cars are worth a bit of cash but the gratitude, thanks and sheer pleasure I received for sharing mine was purely "priceless"

I am sure there are many others in this community that could share similar stories and if so, please do.
    Mark

Nice story
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow