Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Race Car Rebuild

Old Race Car Rebuild

I want to bring this thread on Pelican to the attention of the Early 911S guys: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post5126835

Kundensport is building quite a cool early 911S/T race car. Maybe someone here can help with the requests for parts.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I know those guys they build some very nice stuff. I may go by their shop to check out the 69....if I get there this weekend I'll circle back w/a full report. I figure Hans is a member here, so I'll alert him to this thread and see if he can post some photos....
    Robert
    964R Gruppe #001
    911S Member #1444

thanks guys

I have to apologize for not posting here, but since the Kundensport username was taken by somebody else and it was important to me that the connection to our company was made, I started on Pelican!
    I will start a thread here tonight with all pics and details. since i want this thread to catch up quick, expect mumerous postings,
    also I should take the opportunity to introduce us first.
    Kundensport was founded by Ed Palmer and myself, Hans Lapine, beginning of 2009. our first goal is quality, honesty and true craftsmanship. Ed's has 20 years of expirience of fabrication, bodywork, paint....and it helps that he is completly insane when it comes to Porsches. i look back on 28 years of R&D work in the automobil buisiness that includes working in Weissach for Porsche. being part of the 956 devlopment back in the early 80s as a prototype builder. moving on to Airbus, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi&VW. always in R&D and Design. Ed and I bounce ideas back and forth to become reality very quick.
    you can check out our shop in facebook.com , just search for Kundensport and become a fan.
    enjoy our facebook page
    Hans

here it goes,
    i will get into the history of the car a little later, but it is worthy enough to be rebuilt to how it was raced during the early 70s! the car was rough and was incomplete. however, we have enough to rebuild it to its old glory and the missing parts have to be found or replaced by what we believe are correct. after sandblasting the body, the long road to painting begins.
    here the metal work of seam welding, fixing the added braces, re shaping the fenders to how they were. a lot of stress cracks and dents
    Attached Images Attached Images     

next steps

the day it came out of paint, Ed was on the fast track here, the color...Royal Blue, thats the color we found inside the fenders

Paint code L305 correct?

Wow, nice machine. Keep us posted on the project as it comes along. Nice to see another one coming back to life and hitting the streets soon.

fiberglass

we contacted our good friend Mark at Getty Design for some replacement fiberglass lids and R door inserts, the reason for door inserts only,...... the door skins are aluminum

oh, it will not hit the streets, it will hit the track

Lightbulb

every evening, Ed and i usually do some "bench racing", while sitting in the driver seat, i had a BRAINFART, "how about a fiberglass lid were nobody expects it" ...quickly it was realized