Thread: Cibie plastic light retainers for Hood lights / fog lamps

Cibie plastic light retainers for Hood lights / fog lamps

I am restoring a car and the car had Cibie lights prior to the restoration and the owner wants to keep them. The only problem I have is with the plastic retainers that hold the bulb to the housing, the bulb pops out easily. One side snaps in the the mounting ring and the adjusters snap into the other side. I can't find them online anywhere, but maybe I just don't know where to look. Any help is greatly appreciated! I don't know how to post photos correctly, so I made a folder in Google photos and included the link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yt31mLwi6MRaeiGM6
    Last edited by chad mcdade; 02-11-2019 at 05:04 AM. Reason: missing text
    Currently restoring a 1973 Porsche RS M471 back to factory original condition

You should contact René Kemer in Nederland, he maybe has these available.
    #rennfrog

Quote Originally Posted by OliveR View Post
    You should contact René Kemer in Nederland, he maybe has these available.
    I did a web search and couldn't find him, do you have any more info? I appreciate the reply

The flange on the plastic retainer goes between the body and the light ring. This prevents it from being pulled out when the light is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    The flange on the plastic retainer goes between the body and the light ring. This prevents it from being pulled out when the light is removed.

Exactly. Mine go in and come right back out with very little effort. My lights will come loose as soon as I hit the first small bump in the road. The other side doesn't grip the light very well either. Not really unusual for the age, the parts are not as flexible as they once were many decades ago

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post

I looked at your message again, and I see that you are telling me that I installed it backwards. Problem is that its so loose, that if I install it that way, the light just pushes it out of the hole when I try to install the light. I tried the correct way first and couldn't install the lights at all! new plastic is needed. Once I have new plastic, I will try the other way again. Thank you for the information!
    Last edited by chad mcdade; 02-12-2019 at 04:21 AM.