Thread: Help me identify this piece of the window regulator

Help me identify this piece of the window regulator

Hoping I don’t have to shell out $900 for two new window regulators over so tiny a part. This is the piece that anchors the inner winding of the spring.mine has sheared off, both sides — see picture. Can anyone give me a part number or description of this piece? This is for a 73.5T. Thanks!Name:  2065F9E7-D651-4663-ABDF-3E221DF07C70.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  103.8 KB
    Brad

'73.5 911T Targa (Kaptain Karmel)
    Early S Registry #2585

The window regulator retainer that holds the coiled spring does break as per your picture. No need to buy new regulators. It can be easily fixed.
    Wind the regulator to release most of the tension on the coiled spring. Lever the coiled spring away from the regulator. ( A little caution required when doing this).
    The rear of the retainer should be carefully drilled to remove most of the material retaining it. Use a drift to finally remove the remains of the retainer.
    Replacement retainers are available from Sierra Madre ( two different lengths) but I made my own from mild steel. A replacement retainer is not held in position like the original: it is necessary to have a small internal thread in the rear of the retainer. Using a washer and threaded screw into the rear of the retainer to hold it in it position. Make sure the slot is in the same orientation as the original otherwise you will have a problem replacing the coil spring. I used long nose pliers to pull the outer end of the spring into position on re assembly.
    Last edited by Saskia; 02-11-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Same answer, I am about to do that on my driver side regulator. You will find two size for the pins if I remember there is a 23mm and a 26mm (?). And two orientation with slot being vertical or horizontal to the standard position of the pin. https://sierramadrecollection.com/ca...egulator+pivot

Is the regulator spring retainer for sure the same thing as a "pivot"? This thread indicates it's not. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...tor-pivot.html
    Brad

Early S Registry #2585

Quote Originally Posted by bford View Post
    Is the regulator spring retainer for sure the same thing as a "pivot"? This thread indicates it's not. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...tor-pivot.html
    No it is not. Follow the link to Sierra Madre provided above to see the replacement parts. The two different sizes are for early and late systems. Remove your old part and measure its length.

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
    No it is not. Follow the link to Sierra Madre provided above to see the replacement parts. The two different sizes are for early and late systems. Remove your old part and measure its length.
    All right, thanks for the helpful replies, Saskia and Mathieu. Looks like I need a parallel 26mm.
    Brad

Early S Registry #2585

I'm waiting for the pivot spring retainers to arrive too, also 26mm and parallel,

I ordered from Rennspeed.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

What's the difference between heroin addiction & P-Car projects? Heroin use has it's limits.