Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Option M435?

I would go back to the local Porsche centre and have the paperwork rechecked and redone

I just checked and I can report 2 things
    Neither the car in question or the yellow car in Australia has anything on their build records (as they now stand at least) for additional lights

however i know that the yellow car came with them ex factory. Therefore I believe that it is an unnumbered "Sport Option" available for those in the know (this car was picked up ex factory) not shown on the regular lists and not recorded on the build sheets kept in the computer at Porsche

i also had the green car checked (even though the vin isnt posted here - cars can be searched for by engine number) and that DOES NOT have option M435 listed against it according my source and also does not have any option for extra lights listed
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Thank you for this information (the green is mine!).

This is not the first time that errors are reported in the certificates prepared by Porsche France ... If you have more information about my car it interests me. From what I understand Kardex is not available for cars of the 70s

No there is no Kardex. The information I got was the same as you should be able to get from porsche France. I talked to a helpful person at porsche I sometimes speak to (not too often so as not to take advantage of his good nature) and he looked it all ( your car and the yellow one) up on the global database which is linked into the records in Germany. He compared the options that each one had and could not find a number in common that would explain the lights and said yours does NOT have option M435 so the people in France must have misread the computer they were using or transcribed it incorrectly.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

and the yellow was mine...first Porsche I ever owned Australian car tourist delivery.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6