Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WTB: NOS SWB Euro Headlights

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Video was difficult to stomach. Made it 45 seconds before I finally had to mute. Some people simply need to be quiet.

Here is a picture of LHD reflectors. I have drawn two red circles showing the location of the recess. Now, can you please post a similar picture of your 7045 reflectors? (remove bulb holder).

IMG_4764 (2).jpg

I see, maybe a 10 degree difference, nothing a little file work cant fix in short order. Notice the lhd socket is not rotated one way or another but the rhd one is.. Does that make sense? Why didnt the lens fluting get rotated to match the bulb on rhd? Wierd Science? Thanks for the heads up, somebody could have gotten hurt, OR WORSE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 66S; 02-16-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Correct. You get a gold star for your forehead. Now, after about a minute with my jewelers file. The world will be safe. It is wierd how the lhd and rhd bulbs are oriented about 10 deg. different but the retainers are 180deg. different. What were they thinking?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 66S; 02-16-2019 at 12:12 PM.

So, which hand drive are these? Please, no sleight of hand..........{ ok. I see mine are LHD }........ last picture showing orientation of light as seen from the driver seat, with lights showing the bottom drain (3) vents.
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-16-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    So, which hand drive are these?
    LHD definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    It is wierd how the lhd and rhd bulbs are oriented about 10 deg. different but the retainers are 180deg. different. What were they thinking?
    For ease of identifying the part, I would think.

How many NOS 7045 units do you have? Send me a PM if you prefer.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Mine are #4487. Interestingly the small wire "springs" around the perimeter of the ring are black, which I've never seen before. Sorry NFS, I have a car for these.
    Pic for your reference.
    Raised script? Page 2 (Post#18)
    Slot or Phillips?
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-16-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.