Thread: Underside colours and deco to 911s 1967

Underside colours and deco to 911s 1967

I am beginning to plan for a possible restoration of a 67, 911S ( Built in 1966 )
    I am intrigued about finding the correct colour and finishes of the bottom of the car
    I for now have these pictures to start off with . To me the grey finish is too light , maybe I am wrong. And I wish to have the correct zinc colours too.
    Does anyone have and can share the correct coloured similar pictures? Or find the time to mention what is wrong here ?
    Thank youName:  $_57 (5).jpg
Views: 266
Size:  103.8 KBName:  $_57 (7).jpg
Views: 262
Size:  111.0 KB

It looks as though quite a lot needs to be addressed. Color, some plating, shocks, webasto exhaust, on and on. What's the top side look like?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Again, the search function is your friend. Please avail yourself to this site's resources; examples such as you've posted are truly not helpful to your education on these cars.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...7+undercoating
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Again, the search function is your friend. Please avail yourself to this site's resources; examples such as you've posted are truly not helpful to your education on these cars.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...7+undercoating
    Thank you , truley the pictures are what I found to get the discussion rolling .

Bowzer, I'm not going to make me popular, but please do a little bit of research before you ask a question. And, if you have a specific car in mind, then just post the pictures, so that we can work efficiently. You do not have to be afraid that someone will "steal" your car... There are only very few cars that are not known to anyone of this forum. We are all passionate about Porsches, but for most of us this is a hobby and if we find some spare time to be busy with our Porsches we want to spend it well. To be very frank... I never thought that people that needed to be hold on to the hand like this would ever be able to afford a Porsche...

I would love to help you as I think we are not very far from each other, but please make it interesting for all parties... let's challenge eachother to the next level and do not just take...

Banned
    Bowzer, Bowzer...

and I thought I was the laziest one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    Bowzer, I'm not going to make me popular, but please do a little bit of research before you ask a question. And, if you have a specific car in mind, then just post the pictures, so that we can work efficiently. You do not have to be afraid that someone will "steal" your car... There are only very few cars that are not known to anyone of this forum. We are all passionate about Porsches, but for most of us this is a hobby and if we find some spare time to be busy with our Porsches we want to spend it well. To be very frank... I never thought that people that needed to be hold on to the hand like this would ever be able to afford a Porsche...

I would love to help you as I think we are not very far from each other, but please make it interesting for all parties... let's challenge eachother to the next level and do not just take...
    Hello Adore 911.
    First of all I thank you for directing me to your link which is an incredible wealth of information.
    Secondly, it is not a question of me losing the car , but it is more that if I manage to buy it , I want to be prepared to to the best possible restoration to it when I decide to do it and most of all be prepared with as much information as possible.
    Thank you very much once again and once it is bought I will do my utmost to have it shown here to be able to pinpoint more any requirements.

Why don't you get your hands on instead of lurking the internet and look ad odd cars.
    Get in a means of transportation, come to Retromobile, Retro Rlassics, Essen whatever with a bag of cash pay e.g. Franz a nice salary as consultant joining you on your walk thtrough and have a hands on look at some cars in nature.
    You'll find better than that above.
    Hell I know a nice car for sale, but I bet my ass you wouldn't get a deal with the owner....

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Why don't you get your hands on instead of lurking the internet and look ad odd cars.
    Get in a means of transportation, come to Retromobile, Retro Rlassics, Essen whatever with a bag of cash pay e.g. Franz a nice salary as consultant joining you on your walk thtrough and have a hands on look at some cars in nature.
    You'll find better than that above.
    Hell I know a nice car for sale, but I bet my ass you wouldn't get a deal with the owner....
    will consider any nice car up to 69 manufacture , and a coupe ' , thanks...................and besides that have already been twice with a consultant and been very disappointed with owners thinking they have concourse cars when they are really lurking projects beneath a good polish