Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green New Deal

Banned

Green New Deal

I kept waiting for someone else to be the torchbearer on this. Looks like I drew the short straw.

It would be easy to laugh this off if not for the shear audacity of the language. The mere mention of the government seizing our cars ever, much less in 10 years should be a sobering thought. Whether it gets traction only time will tell. Even if it goes nowhere a conversation has been started that seems to find it perfectly acceptable to allow the U.S. government control and power that we have NEVER seen before.

While this may be like watching a bunch of bumbling, Barney Fife-like terrorists getting ready to blow themselves up during a bomb-making tea party and acknowledging that this “deal” creates a momentary upside toward one particular political party it’s still very scary.

Would love to hear thoughts from people here who are much smarter than me. Also from members (like Eaton) who believe a stifling “green” agenda is inevitable and necessary.

No worries, the earth and life as we know it will end in 12 years anyway! I am going to start driving my cars year around so I get the equivalent of 24 more years out of them.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Déjà vu . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . kept waiting for someone else to be the torchbearer on this. Looks like I drew the short straw . . .
    . . . all over again?

'. . . I'll pick it up.

Does it exist?
    Is it caused by man?
    Should we feel bad for driving our gross polluters?

Please no politics.

BAhaaaaaa!!!!! . . .
    '

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...climate+change

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    No Rick; completely different.

I would like to focus specifically on The Green Raw Deal.

I'm all about Climate Change if I can do it Al Gore style. Let the kolkhozniks, proletariat and urbane liberals drive their electric cars and eat kale...I'm living it up and banking on a happy ending.
    '73 240Z, L-28, Mikuni 44s, Konis, 5-speed, 3.90 CLSD

"Give this to, uh, Clemenza. I want reliable people, people who aren't going to be carried away. After all, we're not murderers, in spite of what this undertaker thinks."

Heavily medicated for your protection

Banned
    Uh Oh. You said the G word.

You’re on the naughty list.

I happen to agree; just talk of GND is a Throw Down. I intend to make ‘19 a new personal best for the size of my carbon footprint.

A good counter-proposal would be welcome, such as calling for : A ban of all electric cars and solar roofs ? To sit on the defensive and watch each lurid story develop is tiresome.

https://youtubecutter.com/watch/de75f714/

REALLY???

I dont even live in the States. but unless someone has a ''fist full of $$" no one will take my car's or my loved one's (including my kid's).

Absolutely 'RED'ICULOUS

But as Frank expresses ,, a little bit of grit gives you traction in this wet, limp green world.
    Mark

TO ADD

Just bought this in protest as a licence plate !!!!!

IMG_1421.jpg
    Mark

member #1515
    It is really aspirational, very entertaining look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDI...ature=youtu.be
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs