Thread: Another quick Kardex question if you please

Another quick Kardex question if you please

I have another question about the kardex info.
    Evidently this car was special ordered with some unique color options and was sold directly to the Development Department EVFK (Body Testing Department).
    I am trying to obtain more information about the original owner.

My question is concerning the Development Department and what exactly they do.
    thank you for your help

What is the handler number on the kardex. That will tell you whether the Porsche factory owned it first or it went to a distributor (and which one) for sale to someone outside the factory
    If it is the factory then additional notes MAY tell you which part and for what purpose (although the descriptions used changed over time so you need to know what year it was as well)
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

handlar number is 100

handler number 100 means that the factory was the first owner
    that can be one of three purposes (depending on the year involved)
    1 Versuch - research and experimental area
    2 PRESSE - the cars used for marketing purposes and, in the early years, all the werks competition cars
    3 family and executive cars including for the race team drivers (usually held for about a year before being sold on)

Given your car went to "development department" I am guessing that would be the "Versuch" R&D department at Weissach
    do you have any information on what its first registration number was (assuming the factory registered it for road use)

However by 1973 (not sure of the changeover date) sales department cars got handler 98 (ie cars for photos, press fleet etc)

do a search on here on "handler 100" to see some of the cars that went through there
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I think it was an executive or family car since it was ordered with very unique and unusual special order colors and options.
    Until I find some more specific info on the original owners I hate to speculate.
    The car was not sold on to the public until well into 1974.
    It was built in early august and was evidently the second production number for the model year 1973.

Would love to see this story in the ESSES...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I might do something after the car is restored.
    thank you