Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strange activity

strange activity

Sorry for posting here, but noticed something strange we may want to be wary of.
    I was passing through my profile page and noticed my Recent Visitors log. No names I recognized, all seem to have joined in 2105, no posts but active today (doing what?). I'll give it a day and see what new ones appear. Maybe our tech guy can learn something about this.
    cfroelichmarry
    dorflesnersalva
    hnorthshop
    ionpenningsheld
    nshmanodisa
    nystenshelb
    rullererro
    tcketthele
    uhafosburgtanes
    zdcruzeclif
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I've seen it before. I just ignore it...but always be vigilant.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter
    I may be paranoid (and not as tech savvy as some on the board) but I also have the most recent visitors to my ID as

I cant help wondering if they are "bots" collecting data (although they would probably be disappointed in anything they collected about me

Most of them also "joined" in 2015 and none have ever posted and all were on line today
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Creepy stuff—particularly as folks share a bit of info here...

Just checked, and same deal...all joined in 2015:

bridallouboutin, btribbycarm, dadmonsalvtrini, dsliverdiscount, eioevon, eoursercarl, ltralouk, taquiettamar, vbuyvest, wawwesp

The cleverest scam on forums these days is this, which there's been a bit of over at Pelican: a scammer scrolls through forum profiles looking for people who haven't visited in months or years. Then he tries to login using stupid-simple passwords ("Porsche," "password" etc). Eventually he compromises an account. Then he "sells" a big ticket item or two. It all looks perfectly legit -- the account is a longstanding user with lots of posts. This is the one to look out for.

I got them all too.... I'm just happy to be part of their algorithm

ahafullardtamat, amsmacchiowilli, bdelasabtiffany, dsliverdiscount, ecewilnerwalla, iersezwskironac, kelambkaruth, niernola, nmensnorth, ucheapauthentic
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Yup, same snoops were on my page.... aiorastev, bupblak, cimpclor, efaelescot, futterfiebook, nystenshelb, rnsouralin, ucheapauthentic, uhafosburgtanes, zdcruzeclif... someone please sound the klaxon that we are being invaded.

aagatajohn, anhlavacwilso, aszubabrya, dorflesnersalva, iamashburnregin, iomagliolooctav, rhochrufus, trouletterose, uhafosburgtanes, yaveneypiamc are on me ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

It's the Russians,,,,they think we elect a president of Early S,,,colluding with Frank,,,
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I regularly get a "website not secure" message in the address box.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111