Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you visit if you had an afternoon free in the Bay area?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Thanks Franz,
    I’m retired and the shop is closed, but a great way to spend an hour or two is to visit my friends and neighbors at Fantasy Junction in Emeryville.

Regards

Jim
    Unless one plans to be at EASY on the first Saturday of each month...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

So, I followed through and went to Fantasy Junction and Canepa. Both wonderful in different ways. Met Bruce and we chatted for a while - he was very generous with his time. They gave me the full tour. The 73s is very special. Too rich for me probably with the project I have but a very very nice car. I love what Bruce is doing with restoring the 959's. $2.1m for a concourse restored 959 actually feels like a deal!

Thanks for the great recommendations.
    1970 911S
    1999 early build Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    He's there but on the Oakland side. Home of Tower Of Power, Lydia Pense/Cold Blood!

SF was once a great place to visit. I haven't been in years. About a year ago I met a doctor who practices there. She and her husband bought a "river house" here in VA. (very popular)

She said I probably wouldn't like what SF has turned into since I'd been there.
    Tom, good recognition of an east bay treasure, Tower of Power. I’ve seen them at least a dozen time over the past few decades. They play at a few smaller venues in San Diego annually and I go whenever I can. Oakland funk at its best!
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Tom, good recognition of an east bay treasure, Tower of Power. I’ve seen them at least a dozen time over the past few decades. They play at a few smaller venues in San Diego annually and I go whenever I can. Oakland funk at its best!
    You bet!

Listening to CB Since 1969! Mick Gillette (RIP) jumped to TOP. My first live concert. They led off for J Geils. J. Geils was good but TOP blew the roof off the place! Still love the work on "Waiting for Columbus", especially Spanish Moon!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111