Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cost to restore fuchs?

cost to restore fuchs?

What would it cost to restore 7jx15 wheel? It has a couple nicks or sale as is? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images     

https://www.fuchsrestoration.com/pricing

Someone familiar with Harvey's pricing may pipe up, too.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

I think around $325.00 per wheel is a good estimate for Harvey . Harvey is actually a good deal if you are prepared to wait . No one else comes close , but if you won't appreciate the authenticity maybe someone else .

wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    I think around $325.00 per wheel is a good estimate for Harvey . Harvey is actually a good deal if you are prepared to wait . No one else comes close , but if you won't appreciate the authenticity maybe someone else .
    Thanks for the quick replies, good info. LA

If just one wheel, I'd sell as is—as most people will want wheels to match and it's therefore best to do wheels in batches. If I was a buyer, I'd want to match it to other wheels in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    If just one wheel, I'd sell as is—as most people will want wheels to match and it's therefore best to do wheels in batches. If I was a buyer, I'd want to match it to other wheels in one shot.
    This. Sell it as is.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by acar24 View Post
    It has a couple nicks . . .
    Your idea of a "nick" is quite different than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Your idea of a "nick" is quite different than mine.
    I agree with Ejboyd. More than a "nick" and will drive down the value of the wheel. From the picture the rim "nick" looks like it will need to be welded. If so it will not be invisible when the wheel is anodized.

Put it in our classifieds with your price and photos... Good luck

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
    I agree with Ejboyd. More than a "nick" and will drive down the value of the wheel. From the picture the rim "nick" looks like it will need to be welded. If so it will not be invisible when the wheel is anodized.
    If the filler material is the same alloy as used by Fuchs, then the anodized finish should match with the existing wheel, but what are the chances of that happening? Nil. I had Al Reed refinish a set of Kelsey P2 wheels (17" barrels with welded Fuchs centers) in an RSR finish. After bead blasting the original polished finish, the former valve stem hole (plug-welded by Kelsey) and the surrounding wheel had distinct color differences. Anodizing wouldn't have made a difference. I ended up ceramic coating all bead blasted surfaces with a close matching RSR gray/silver.

Sherwood
    Attached Images Attached Images