Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911 E (Does this seller want to sell this car?)

FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911 E (Does this seller want to sell this car?)

Chasing 911 guys and gals,

I bid a couple times on this car. Prior the seller said he had a C of A and I've requested it a few times, no C of A and no response. The car has been for sale for a L O N G time. Sometimes with around a $120,000 Buy it Now price and other times with bidding getting to around $50,000. Any info on the car?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Porsch...pZmIMK&vxp=mtr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Steel Affairs Automotive . . .

. . .

http://steelaffairsautomotive.com/

VIN = 9113200999
    Eng# = 6231558
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

http://steelaffairsautomotive.com/in...da/9113200999/

We Can Be Heroes

Was on eBay by the dealer back in August of 2018.

FS: @eBay - 1973 911E Coupe - 9113200999
    Another 'E' missing its MFI, sad. Listed on eBay as well as dealer website.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steel Affairs, Arvada, Colorado
    1973 Porsche 2.4L 911E Coupe
    VIN: 9113200999
    Engine: 6231558
    Trans: -
    Color: Silver Metallic/Black
    Mileage: -
    Dealer Price: US$119,000 (was listed for US$124,000 back in August 2108)
    Sold for: NO SALE (Highest eBay Bid: US$60,100 - Reserve not met - August 23, 2018)

73E eBay.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I'm wondering if it is truly matching, are the sports seat original to the car? Since it is missing its original bumper horns, wondering what is right and what is wrong with this car..other than of course a price north of $100,000 !!! Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    I'm wondering if it is truly matching, are the sports seat original to the car? Since it is missing its original bumper horns, wondering what is right and what is wrong with this car..other than of course a price north of $100,000 !!! Thanks.

-Allen-
    To me a major issue is the missing MFI; that is an instant -$20k. Because what one has now is a near equivalent to a carburetor 911T. Assuming very good mechanical and structural integrity is there, a 'T' in this condition is a ~$70k car. The front black bumperettes are a relative minor expense to replace. And as you stated, the authenticity of the sport seats is also a significant cost factor. The dashboard pad has been replaced with a lesser cost reproduction part.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I've seen it in person. Decent paint, gaps, etc. But as everyone has said, way too high without MFI. He was at $125 when I saw it, and wouldn't budge.

Quote Originally Posted by jfauto View Post
    I've seen it in person. Decent paint, gaps, etc. But as everyone has said, way too high without MFI. He was at $125 when I saw it, and wouldn't budge.
    That really was my point and why I asked if the seller (a dealer) really wanted to sell it. The bidding (market) has told him many many times he is way too high. I guess "he" is a stubborn guy but also not, at least, a very nice seller. How many times do you have to ask for information, like I did, nicely, and get ZERO response. Thanks.

-Allen-
    PS Actually I though the seller might also be an true enthuaist and respond here. From the decals (and the sport muffler) someone who owns or owned this was a 911 fan.
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-06-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Last bidding got to $55k which is less than half his new BIN price! Thanks.

-Allen-

Beware of this seller. I flew from Atlanta to Denver to look at a long hood they had for sale. I got there and it was totally misrepresented. Do not buy anything from them without laying your eyes on it.
    Last edited by prez!; 03-07-2019 at 11:23 AM.

R Gruppe #631
    Early 911S Registry #1825

1973E Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by prez! View Post
    Beware of this seller. I flew from Atlanta to Denver to look at a long hood they had for sale. I got there and it had totally been misrepresented. Do not buy anything from them without laying your eyes on it.
    Given my experience, not surprised. Thank you !
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-07-2019 at 11:30 AM.