Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911 E (Does this seller want to sell this car?)

OK. I finally received a C of A. Looks pretty authentic with the addition of Sports Seats at some point. Maybe I'm helping the seller sell their car. Still they are at $120,000. What is the consensus. Is it an $80k car/ I'd not pay that. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’ve got the right pump for it if you do.

2.4Es are cool
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

FS: @Duffy's - $105,950

Duffy's Classic Cars, Cedar Rapid, IA
    1973 Porsche 2.4L 911E Sunroof Coupe
    VIN: 9113200999
    Engine: 6231558
    Trans: 338557
    Color: Silver Metallic/Black
    Mileage: 22,143 (indicated)
    Price: US$105,950

1973-Porsche-911E 1.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 2.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 3.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 3-1.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 4.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 5.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 6.jpg

1973-Porsche-911E 9.jpg

Dealer Description:

This 1973 Porsche 911 E finished in Silver Metallic over a black leather interior is powered by a numbers matching 2.4-liter Flat-6 cylinder engine that has been converted to carburetion paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. Coming from a prestigious collector’s garage, this coupe is one of 2,421 sold for the 1973 model year and is in near concours condition.

Well-equipped, this Porsche features the comfort equipment option, which includes the front spoiler and sill plates from the more upscale 911S, as well as 15x6 forged alloy Fuchs wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich tires. Additionally, this 911 features the U.S. equipment pack, factory KONI shocks, front and rear stabilizer bars, engine compartment light, tinted windows, electric sunroof, and wheel well moldings. The 911 also comes with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and the original tool roll.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

After seeing the photo of the paint tag and reading the words “near concours condition” from the dealer ad, I had big chuckle. Does the dealer really think people are that naïve?
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)

Three years ago when i started this thread the car was in Colorado and now it is Iowa. I wonder if it is the same seller? Thanks.

-Allen-

Hey guys,

I am the current seller of the vehicle located in Iowa, and I wanted to send a note regarding the car and it’s listing. Admittedly I am not an expert on these early 911 cars, and have been trying to do my homework as best I can. Noting the information and comments given, I think it’s fair that I should probably revisit the ad copy, knowing the current state compared to its originality.

To answer the question for you Allen, I am not the same seller that had the car in Colorado. I would however be open to starting a dialogue about the car so I can better learn about what I have, and what kind of undertaking it would be to bring back the MFI system, among other things.

I would appreciate any input, thank you guys for bringing this to light, I will definitely be on these forums more frequently trying to learn more!

Thanks
    Last edited by Targahawk; 02-26-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Targahawk View Post
    Hey guys,

I am the current seller of the vehicle located in Iowa, and I wanted to send a note regarding the car and it’s listing. Admittedly I am not an expert on these early 911 cars, and have been trying to do my homework as best I can. Noting the information and comments given, I think it’s fair that I should probably revisit the ad copy, knowing the current state compared to its originality.

To answer the question for you Allen, I am not the same seller that had the car in Colorado. I would however be open to starting a dialogue about the car so I can better learn about what I have, and what kind of undertaking it would be to bring back the MFI system, among other things.

I would appreciate any input, thank you guys for bringing this to light, I will definitely be on these forums more frequently trying to learn more!

Thanks
    Thanks for your message with a good attitude. Getting rid of those carbs and putting in the correct MFI will be a few thousand dollar "exercise." While an E is actually more rare than an S it is not nearly as valuable. At first glance this car has lots of little things wrong: the seats appear wrong; the sunroof seal is installed too high, the wheels are polished (not original) I'll leave it to others to comment more. It is not a bad car though. My advice: put it Bring a Trailer as is, post lots of photos. Take your lumps or make some money TBD. In any case, you'll learn a lot. Be prepared for some "constructive criticism. GLWS.

-Allen-

I think a closer look at the carbs...might just show they are early PMO.
    If they have "W", debossed....and no "made in Italy" then that's a sign of early PMO. Made in the states.
    Common with the rain hats and the pressure gauge.

I real pump would be nice.... An earlier poster stayed he had the right pump.

That's a nice car. Nice year. Nice color... And just about anyone would be happy with those seats.

I think more original parts the better.
    Proper rim finish..etc...
    Get it to a point where it doesn't look like someone went in and changed things out to patch it up.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Now after some time and apparently a new owner, back on eBay !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18532298473...1iF0XU&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    Now after some time and apparently a new owner, back on eBay !
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/18532298473...1iF0XU&vxp=mtr
    This is same seller as noted in this previous post:
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1119885
    It is Duffy's Classic Cars out of Cedar Rapids, IA representing the car.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548