Thread: Genuine Porsche Dealer Bra/Front Mask - Which Model?

Genuine Porsche Dealer Bra/Front Mask - Which Model?

Thinning out my collection of stuff, and I've come across an NOS Porsche dealer bra/front mask that I would appreciate guidance on.

Details:

• Has Porsche Part # PR 107 on the bra bag
    • It matches the overall diameter/size of the custom Colgan bra for my '71
    • However, the cut-outs for the turn signals differ in the following:
      1. My Colgan bra's cutout matches the turn signal shape and size perfectly
      2. The Porsche bra has 2 (versus 1) cutout, and they are slightly lower than the actual turn signal, shielding much of it.

Note that in the attached pics my garage was cold, the bra was wrinkled, and I only loosely laid it on my car, as I didn't want to stretch it or bend the tabs as it's NOS. I wonder if it's because my car doesn't have front bumperettes, and the bra was made for bumperette-equipped cars, which would effectively raise the cutouts? It's still strange that it's 2 (versus 1) cutouts, however.

I can't figure out what model it's for. Your thoughts?

I hereby end the most important technical question ever asked on the Registry. Surprisingly, I also made the entire post without a bra joke.

Thanks,

John
    Attached Images Attached Images       

member #1515
    This thing will destroy your paint in many ways.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Ed Mayo has used a bra like this for years...he has strategically placed microfiber towels that insure that no paint is harmed in the use of this product...

I dont think that thing was made by Porsche but just sold thru them or a dealer. It was probably made by Covercraft. They were sold independently, too. IIRC Porsche sued Covercraft for using the name "Porsche" and the result was that bras sold at dealerships used the "PORSCHE" and bras sold by others were exactly the same but didn't have the logo. This was a long time ago so treat this as typical internet BS.

Regards

Jim

Agree, Porsche never made these but aftermarket like Colgan did.

Early one sold by aftermarket had a bag with embossed Porsche crest, later ones a printed Porsche logo in white.
    (I have two aftermarket brochures indicating those, out of the house and on loan for my upcoming literature project-looks like Dealers showed clients those brochures to choose from).
    First time I see one bag w/o Logo.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 03-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Thanks for the replies. Any insights to the following question?

"I can't figure out what model it's for. Your thoughts?"

Thanks,

John

A quick Google search on "Colgan PR107" seems to indicate for G-model 911/912E.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

MANY thanks, Arne! My Google search didn't include "Colgan."

Appreciate it.

J

Where do the towels need to go? Where are the pressure points?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmill View Post
    Ed Mayo has used a bra like this for years...he has strategically placed microfiber towels that insure that no paint is harmed in the use of this product...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Just on top of the fenders Stephen,,,,I fold the towels to about 2" by 12"
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.