Thread: 8th Annual European Car Show . . .

8th Annual European Car Show . . .

. . . @the Petersen

Sunday, March 31, 2019
    9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
    6060 Wilshire Boulevard
    3rd & 4th Floor Parking Structure
    Los Angeles, CA

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/8th-ann...on-53448723571

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

All signed-up = $37 + change

Seems I've heard about this event, year past? It's a pretty high-end neighborhood, so --- maybe see some treasures, turn up?

Anyway --- good chance to put a few miles on the Nasty Car --- charge them batts, round-out the (10-year-old!) tires . . . + show-off

Definitely not washing the car, again . . .

. . . it's only March

K --- maybe dusting-off the inside . . .

. . . a little

I'll take pics

We Can Be Heroes

Gassed-up the Nasty Car, last week-end, and ---- hhhhhh . . . gave her a sponge bath, so . . . we're good-to-go

Vendors set-up starts @0700, then cars roll-in an hour later. Figure I'll get there ~0730-0745 and queue up

Weather looks to be perfect --- warm, actually . . . so getting there should be fun

Coming back, though --- Sunday PM on the 405 (the most-busiest freeway in the country) . . . well . . .

. . . at least I've got a horn that works

We Can Be Heroes

8th Annual European Car Show . . .

. . . = BUST!

Hhhh

Got outta the house a little late, but arrived in the area ~0815. Beautiful day = clear, cool-but-warming-quickly, only light traffic on both the 405 + Santa Monica (which is truly-effing amazing, lemme tell ya). Anyway, parked-up + hoofed-over to the FedEx store down the street to print-out my admission thingy, then toddled-back around the block to hit the Petersen

Gotta love L.A. --- traffic was already backing-up . . . @eight-effing-thirty in the AM . . . on a Sunday

Sat on Fairfax NB for maybe 5 minutes, watched the coagulation commence, then whirled-around to try coming in from the Wilshire side. Wilshire was eerily deserted . . . which gave me some pause. Saw a some construction stuff up-ahead --- but no back-up. Hm. Eye-balled the back-door of the Petersen --- = closed/nothing happening . . . then pulled-up to Fairfax SB. Short line, there --- 6 cars, maybe? . . . queued-up . . .

. . . and sat

Ten minutes = moved 6 feet . . .

. . . = bounced

Shot-off a short note to the (dis)Organizers . . .

'. . . Please refund my purchase of an entry to the

8th Annual European Car Show, #EURO19
    at the Petersen Museum
    Ref: order #916332294

I was unable to access (much less enter) the venue due to the traffic backed-up on Fairfax (in both directions). I arrived at the venue ~0800, and found traffic on Fairfax stopped, tried to go around on Wilshire --- and stopped, again. I did sit in line on Fairfax for ~15 minutes . . . but never moved. Traffic was getting worse, by then, so I left

Too bad
    . . .'

. . . but I figure that's thirty-seven-and-change that I'll never see again

Oh-well . . .

. . . at least I beat traffic home!

More fun driving, anyway

We Can Be Heroes

. . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . Shot-off a short note to the (dis)Organizers . . .

. . . but I figure that's thirty-seven-and-change that I'll never see again
    . . .

Received this response . . .

'. . . Not a problem. We will take care of that for you. There was an initial delay in getting in as a few large car clubs wanted to park as a group, but did not arrive together causing some initial congestion into the event. Fortunately, we will able to resolve it, but it was a frustration for everyone . . .'

. . . = excellent!

Anybody else attend this?

We Can Be Heroes