Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1971 Porsche 911S

FS: 1971 Porsche 911S

Highly-optioned including sunroof. European delivered. Numbers matching 2.2L engine. 5-speed. 185k kilometers. Gold Metallic, paint code 8888.

I am the second owner and have had the car 13 years. The car was purchased new by Lt Col Don Emigholz, USAF, who at the time was stationed in Europe. Don owned the car 31 years.

This Porsche has been continuously and meticulously maintained. I have all records back to its first oil change. A rebuild of the engine, fuel injection pump, throttle bodies and transmission, (non-original, but correct 901), occurred 85k kilometers ago. A recent leak down test showed engine compression to be very good and within specs.

The undercarriage, rockers, and battery boxes are solid and appear rust-free. The floors are original, front pan has been replaced. The car was repainted 18 years ago. While the paint still looks remarkably good, there are a few blemishes including a rust bubble at the base of the windshield, another at the rear window and a very small one on the passenger’s door. The deck lid on the car is steel.

Also included, as per COA, though not currently on the car are the rear wiper assembly, Blaupunkt Koln radio, through the grill driving lights assemble, (grills, brackets, swivels, wiring, and incorrect lights), and PORSCHE script for the deck lid.

Original equipment currently missing includes the sport seats, steering wheel, lower deco moldings and Hella 118 lights.

Car is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

In summary: ’71 911S, sunroof, matching numbers engine, gold metallic, very clean, dry body with no mechanical needs. Could use paint and sport seats.

More photos at http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/billwildeman/library/

$120,000

608-212-4404
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Wildeman; 05-09-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Nice heavily optioned car in a great color. GLWS!
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Appears to have black headliner with black and ivory sun visors. Do you know if this is original? My '70 E also has a black headliner with same sun visors. Appears to be a very nice car. Best wishes for a successful sale.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Thanks for the comments. To the best of my knowledge the headliner and sun visors are original.

Bill

VIN = 9111301376
    Eng# = 6311919
    Trans# = 710626

. . . and thank you for advertising your car here, Mr Wildeman
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 04-09-2015 at 09:25 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

I have the sport seats for sale in SF to any potential buyer. See past posts offering them. They are for a 69-71S
    911 Registry Member #4673

Jamie,

Did you find your S yet?

Yes. I found a beautiful car. I don't own it yet but might before this month ends. I will post in the event she moves in with me.

Thanks for checking in Kenny!
    911 Registry Member #4673

I can't believe I'm saying this about $135,000! but this seems pretty reasonable by today's standards for an S? Very cool car, good luck with your sale.
    1969 911 E #824

Thank you. It really is a cool car. I've enjoyed the heck out of it. May never own it's equal again.

As for my earlier assumption about the headliner being original, I may have been incorrect. That fact that one side of the visors are ivory would seem indicate that the headliner was ivory.

Bill