Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOS ROW Compressor Alfred Engelmann (not Webster)

Last edited by dirk07; 04-04-2019 at 08:16 AM.

450€

shipping 35€
    Last edited by dirk07; 04-23-2019 at 12:12 AM.

open for offers

So if you compare this to the Webster compressor would you say that they are essentially the same except for labelling, and the lighter plug? Sort of the North American version vs the European version?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Yes, Dave.
    Labels and lighter plug are differerent on the german Version vs. the North American Version.

summer bump

still for sale

425€ obo

Hi Dirk,
    For what MY in Europe is this compressor provided by the factory?
    If I am not mistaken 85lt fuel tank with compressed spare tire was an option from 1971 and became standard for E in MY73.
    Kyriakos
    1973 911E Light Ivory

I am no expert but the Webster was the version supplied during latter part of the early 911 era. The RS was supplied with them from around the beginning of calendar 73; previous to that got the refill gas canister. Not sure if it was simply a better easier to use solution than gas bottle change or was done because considerations for shipping gas canisters around for export cars and the whole return core / replenishment kerfuffle once the earlier gas bottle contents had been used?

Porsche literature I have at early point shows the ones with the simple flat foam self adhesive pad not the more prominent rubber feet like this. Later the compressor was made under licence by BDW receiving a different blue sticker with the German subcontract maker’s branding — heard that was to streamline logistics costs of obtaining from from Canada. Later ones I’ve seen had differences eg a W symbol stamped into the body not the “electro air” self adhesive ( see carton image for the branded symbol I’ve typically seen) also plastic cross-shaped feet moulded into case . Webster were sold on general market not exclusive to Porsche — think those on aftermarket were in boxes like this. Not seen this Englelmann brand on listing presumably made under licence ? Mine pictured her not for sale just for reference on response to questions. However the contents of this are identical the one that came with my RS 30 years ago. I have examples of most of the Webster variations. Some have a part number on the black body. There are variations with different design eg shape cooling vanes.

144D4D4A-8C41-4134-A414-D58237AE86F2.jpg
    7EFE73B2-730C-4109-8AC3-FAF7EB3DF25B.jpg

Webster Canadian production probably explains the English and French text on the tatty box.

In summary these evolved but some variations are more correct for pre 74 911 than others but since they are loose accessories hard to be definitive.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-14-2023 at 09:08 AM.