Pull your spark plugs see if they are black or white (rich or lean) Ideally you will have an AFR meter, but it can done without, just takes longer. If the plugs look lean, which I think they will be, go two clks richer on the main rack adjustment (counterclockwise) if car can be driven, accelerate slowly but with steady throttle opening in second gear going slowly up to 5000 RPM. Assuming it is better but still not right repeat two clks richer adjustment and repeat test. If you are going in the right direction the performance will be getting better not worse. Ultimately your goal is to be able repeat this acceleration test with the engine pulling smoothly up to 5000. Generally when I see these cars someone has gone way to rich. In that case I will keep leaning rack two clks at a time until I know it has gone too lean, then two clks at a time richen until that acceleration curve is smooth. Then that last adjustment is the idle adjustment, which without a meter you will simply have to do by ear, feel, and idle speed. I use an AFR meter of course, but I could get very close by this seat of the pants method.

By the way, generally 72-73 throttle bodies were redesigned from the previous ones that wore prematurely and so didn't wear out as fast.