Thread: Buffoonery

Buffoonery

You sometimes you have to just shake your head.

Over the weekend I noticed an array of Hi Viz spray paint all over the road and footpath 500 yards up from us, no big deal as there is a new house being built on a parcel of land that the original 1865 house (suspiciously) burnt down on a year or two back.

Having been in the construction trades for 40 odd years I knew what was up.

Defining where the electrical, telephone, fibre cables, gas, water and sewerage is the reason for all the paint.

The erection of road cones, footpath management, reversing bleepers, flashing lights and general mayhem began at 730 am.

By 8 am they (on the digger) had destroyed the municipal water supply to the whole street.
    815 the phone lines were annihilated along with the internet fibre optic cable.
    9 am the sewerage was out, not that it mattered much as the water was out anyway.
    1015 the gas was down.

I gave up going and asking what was up as I already knew that this was yet another example of the thread title.

In this day and age one would expect better but I am sure there are others out there amongst us that have equal if not better stories to share.

330 pm, water is back on as is the fibre optic internet. Gas is still off as is the sewerage, HILARIOUS
    Mark

I assume that worker will be working for free for many months to come? Or, will he have an unmarked grave in the vicinity?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Buffoonery indeed, I've had 'operators' tell me...it's in my way.........
    When they ripped everything that was clearly marked, to bad there isn't a operators lisense ( IQ test) that can be revoked...
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson