Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restrictor fittings

Restrictor fittings

In the final stages of my 2.2T engine rebuild on my 70T, Waynes book recommends the flow restrictor fittings as the factory fitted them later. ordered as set to fit and now have second thoughts, 2.2T is completely stock, Opinions on the oil flow restrictors for the head/cam gallery.
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    No. I see no reason to reduce oil flow to the valve train. Air and oil cooling, I think you can’t get enough. G

AS Gordon says,,,not only NO,,,but hell no!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Whenever I see these on an engine I just drill them to the old size .

Richy -

What ID do you drill the restrictors to? Thanks!

- Your pal Rob

On Pelican, Henry Schmidt recommends them on all 911 engines. Henry claims to have made restrictors of 4.5mm before they were available from Porsche and never had an issue. He feels that enough oil gets to the heads, and it increases oil to the bottom end at low RPM.
    https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-...r-adapter.html
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

Then I would say that people will have a choice to make
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Well, I put them in a couple or three years ago after reading the up grade in a few places and a "Porsche" part. but in revisiting this thread last week And Ed's comment I was going to remove them from the 71 Targa yesterday but did not have enough new copper banjo washers to make the switch. The stock fitting inside diameter on my 71 and some spares from a 69 is 6mm (.236"). I like the thought of more upper end lube and cooling, I had good OP at idle prior to putting them in. Ed sorry to have missed the THCR this year, work got in the way.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ESully View Post
    On Pelican, Henry Schmidt recommends them on all 911 engines. Henry claims to have made restrictors of 4.5mm before they were available from Porsche and never had an issue. He feels that enough oil gets to the heads, and it increases oil to the bottom end at low RPM.
    https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-...r-adapter.html
    After visiting PP forum and Henry Schmidt recommendation on the restrictors he uses, his are 4.5mm, whereas the115.611.SS Rauch & Spiegel restrictors are less than 1/8 orifice, what size orifice are the factory restrictors? seems the opening size is inconsistent?
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.

The superceded part from Porsche is 2.5mm.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T