Thread: Need help valuing a 1970 engine/trans/exhaust

WRECCD

Need help valuing a 1970 engine/trans/exhaust

I resto-mod’ed a 1970 911T and have the original 2.2L engine, 4 speed transaxle and stock exhaust in crates and I’m ready to sell them. The engine presents well and is clean and has all parts. It ran when we removed it though a compression/leak down showed one cylinder at 80 psi so it needs a rebuild. I’d like to post it for sale here but really don’t know what pricing should be. Anyone have ideas or another resource so I can price it right?

Thanks in advance,
    Whodat

Is it numbers matching? If so, you'll take more off the value of your car than you'll gain in selling it. I'd put it on a shelf. You can search here, Samba, and Pelican for 2.2 T cores...without much familiarity with the market, a core needing a rebuild is maybe 4k? If you have webers on top, those are worth selling, zeniths less so.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

WRECCD
    So.........its a core w/ Zenith carbs. And yes, its numbers matching.........but. My buddy and I own two cars, both 1970's. The first, from which this engine came, we call the FREAK.....the second is Tangerine. The FREAK is a restomod build that we bought after all body work and interior was done by the last guy and all the FREAK needed was a bigger engine/trans.....which we now have. So although we own the numbers matching chassis, the FREAK has fiberglass hood, tail, bumpers and two of four fenders. And to think that we'll ever put it back to stock.........or anyone will........is tough to imagine. The good news/bad news is that we purchased the Tangerine car thinking it would be our chassis to hold the FREAK's original engine as it was a non-running car when we bought it. As life would have it, the FREAK's original engine needs a rebuild and the Tangerine car's non-matching engine was fixed with little $ and it runs beautifully. FWP, I know. Just trying to figure out what to do with all the chess pieces since it costs money to store any of them.

MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"